YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at Dive in Style author Tim Simond's favourite worldwide snorkelling destinations on our newly published blog - Dive in Style: Tim's Top Picks: Worldwide Snorkelling Destinations

What do you think of these picks? What destinations would you add to the list? Also, where do you think is best for snorkelling in Europe?

For more information on any of these trips, visit the Dive in Style website - Home: Dive In Style

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
What? No Sipadan??
I snorkelled there (enforced due to DCI) and it was just mental, too many turtles to shake a stick at.

I have also snorkelled in Sharm (Ras Nasrani I think, can't remember) and it was really good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dived Sipadan many years ago and it was just ridiculous. More sharks and turtles than I have ever seen anywhere else. We are looking at Sipadan as a destination we want to add to Dive in Style.

Sharm is great too. Any good snorkelling in Europe (does that exist?!)?

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
I remember reading an article in UWP (UnderWater Photograpghy) magazine about snorkelling with Orcas (Killer whales) in Norway. Now that looks mint.

There is also the snorkelling with seals, Lundy, Scillies, Farnes. Not exactly tropical, but again, it's on my 'to do' list.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snorkelling with killer whales would be one heck of an experience. I am desperate to go on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor II to snorkel with the humpacks. Incredible.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
Snorkelling with killer whales would be one heck of an experience. I am desperate to go on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor II to snorkel with the humpacks. Incredible.
Tonga for the humpbacks, again, on my massive 'to-dive' list

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
I was just about to post a 'hey, so are you an advertiser then?' post....and then I saw that you are an advertiser. So much for that then :teeth:

Europe? Crete is great if anywhere in the med could be called great. Not excellent, but I keep going back for more.
Pork souvlaki could have something to do with it, but the snorkellings pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What? No Sipadan??
I snorkelled there (enforced due to DCI) and it was just mental, too many turtles to shake a stick at.

I have also snorkelled in Sharm (Ras Nasrani I think, can't remember) and it was really good.
You're right, Ras Nasrani is great for snorkelling, spent hours there and had a lovely dose of burnt butt as a bonus!:redface:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts