Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- lets all be lovely and hug each other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

You said fuck, er, sorry, a naughty word - on my computer. Te he. I'll vote for that then.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Now that's quite funny (even if I did over react to the other one!)

Juz

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Can't we all just get along

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

As one of the longer serving contributors on here I have to say that it is a lot better in terms of friendliness than some other sites, and I'm not having a pop at any one site just a generalisation of 'chat sites' per se, not just diving, in case anyone thinks I am. However this is a DIVING site and some of the topics/threads lately have been less about diving than was the case a while back. Maybe we are all getting a little tense due to the lack of diving that we would like to be doing.

It would be good if we could all agree to get back to diving subjects in general, of course there needs to be some diversions else the site will dry up and becoming very boring. I suspect the lack of diving is again causing this.

Polls to ban threads is in my view counter productive to the well being of YD and as I've paid my contribution I dont want to see YD deteriorate just yet  

I view YD as a family and all familes row, well mine does anyone and I dont think I'm at all odd so lets all look forward to some jolly japes at Stoney and a great bigg tree hugging group family hug, and slag off anyone thats not there.

Stay safe folks and have a great weekends diving, if you're going, if not why not.

Matt

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Feb. 13 2004,13:13)]However this is a DIVING site and some of the topics/threads lately have been less about diving than was the case a while back.
just what i was thinking. we do have a 'non-diving posts' section, so it seems silly that there are now so many non-diving posts all over the place

i would put the case to the YD court that the reason for this is that woz and mary are a pair of f*cking retards

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Ahh but you forgot that in the official YD court as set up by Bren I am a sitting member so can't judge against myself

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Feb. 13 2004,13:13)]Maybe we are all getting a little tense due to the lack of diving that we would like to be doing.
but it's only 8 days to the YD Big Gig!

(except for me it may be a dry gig unless the flocking ANC van driver with my regs finds my house within the next few days  
 I mean, Apeks sent my regs more than a week ago and the moron with the van hasn't managed to find my house.  It's not as though it's disguised as something that looks unlike a house.  It's a building, it's got walls and doors and windows.  How hard can it be?)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

My $0.02 worth...

I think this is what makes YD different from all the other dive forums, that we can talk about non-diving stuff too, thereby dispelling the image that divers are all one-track minded obsessive compulsives with no appreciation of anything else in life.

Certainly diving is my biggest hobby, but as much as I love it and would never give it up (voluntarily) I don't see myself as one of OCD type, and in all honesty, if I couldn't chat to divers on here about non-diving topics I probably wouldn't wouldn't read the site as often.  

For example, a bunch of us went on holiday together but I knew it would be a more rounded social gig because folk had already shown there was more to them than a solitary shared interest. I can't imagine that I'd risk hooking up with virtual strangers from any other site 'cos I'd go insane being stuck for a week with some of the dive-bores I see posting elsewhere.

all of course in my very humble opinion...
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Woz @ Feb. 13 2004,13:35)]Aclivity- just be glad it isn't City Link. They can't find their arse with both hands, a mirror and a guide book.
Nah, that would be ANYONE who works for Air France or at Paris CDG airport!! Indeed, a larger shower of willfully useless wankers would be hard to find!!

Date + time: Today, as I write (oh that the French would adopt QWERTY keyboards!)

Scene: Paris, Charles de Gaulle airport; Tierney arrives at, and attempts to check in at the business class check in (not an unreasonable request, this being an airport), only to find it unmanned; Tierney collars the 'Maitre de Queue' (a way of life at CDG) and finds, after asking her to please go and get a check-in attendant, that the French are up to their usual hugely underwhelming standards when it comes to 'savoire faire' (for that, read 'bone-idle shilly-shallying combined with a complete disregard and disinterest in anything remotely concerning attention to customers); Tierney is reintroduced to the French national sport (at which they are peerless and world-class) of 'Shoulder-shrugging' whilst mumbling, with loosely disguised 'couldn't really give a shit', "I don't know" and "it's not my job"; Tierney defers to the Air France Information Desk - only to find that it too is unmanned; Tierney then spies the Air France Transfer and (please don't laugh) 'Customer Care' Desk - only to be told roundly that, and a response to which Tierney is now becoming uncomfortably familiar, "Sorry sir, it's not my job"!!

Tierney then asks "OK, to whom might I speak to get this sorry state of affairs sorted out?" only to be informed "Sorry sir, I don't know......." It was at this stage that Tierney ponders whether to contact the British Embassy to seek their involvement..?

Now of the opinoin that these tossers couldn't organise a gang-bang in a whore-house, Tierney yomps off to see if any Air France staff have decided to break up their day-long coffee-break (which, in other countries people call their job) only to find that, and running spectacularly to sad expectation, the check-in desks are still empty of the arses of any one who might be able to help.

Finally, another business traveller sees his arse and wades over to the economy desks to ask the score - there now being a sizeable queue at the business desk. His less than charitable, and Anglo-Saxon-flecked appraisal of his deepest concerns about how the French have a somewhat 'unique' approach to customer care must have engendered a spark of ' we need to get our shit together' in the woman as she dropped what she was doing (discussing nails, hair products and fashion tips with her oppo - hereinafter referred to as bugger-all) and ascended the steps to the business check in.

Suitably, though alas not painlessly, checked-in, Tierney then joins the 400-strong queue for passport-control; only to find that, and again true to form, there are only two officials to attend to a queue that is now spanning two post-codes.

I'm sorry, decent cooking, flash clothes and an unbeatable capability to eat snails is no defence - these people are useless.

Rant over as I've now got the norz of the coach trip to the plane to countenance.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Agreed, CDG is the definition of S%*thole in the transport world. Over designed, over complicated, under staffed and underwhelming, would rather take the ferry than fly through there.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Well, the wrong side is winning on Peter K's thread at the moment. How do I vote 10 times?  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Anyhoo.... just to be controversial, we could limit ourselves to purely diving only threads, but if it's a choice between a bit of irrelevancy or This type of thread, gimme irrelevancy anyday

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Feb. 13 2004,17:37)]Anyhoo.... just to be controversial, we could limit ourselves to purely diving only threads, but if it's a choice between a bit of irrelevancy or This type of thread, gimme irrelevancy anyday
Oh dear, Steve, you just made me add another post to that thread. I'm so enjoying a good argument!

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

I voted for number three, out of principle. I haven't got a clue what this is about (if anything), but I agree with Steve W's post and also with Bren's rant about CDG...I am not sure of the relationship between the two, but on the other hand I once dreamt of a sperm whale wearing knee socks, so I am sure there IS a relation, in the larger scheme of things.

Would someone tell me what we are arguing about so that I can get a bash in as well, on whatever side (or both, even better)

*grin*
moray

1 - 19 of 19 Posts