YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Coffee Bean Addict
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

I'm in the market for a new torch as my last one a D4 has finally packed in. I was looking for something second hand in the £150 quid range. I've been hunting on evilBay but was wondering if anyone was looking to off load something. I'd be really interested in an umbilical of sorts but handheld is fine, something with a bit more umph than the D4 would be brill.

Thanks for looking PM me or post if you've got something.
Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Try looking for a 10w Salvo umbilical - £150 is about the cheapest you will pay for one. The build quality is excellent & if you get the 9a you can expect about a 4hour burn time from a single charge.....

The main bone of contention is the bulb - Halcyon use a more 'fragile' bulb but the Salvo is much more robust.... You will get people rave about the longevity of the Halcyon bulb - is it a Welsch Allen? But in the main, they are anal retentives who look after their gear ;) If you are a lacksadaisical type of 'shove it in the shed, hope it works next time' diver - go for a Salvo!

Dianne

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Try flea bay in the first inst........ And they do come up on YD from time to time - I sold mine for £150 a while ago (and it was mint) and I have seen others go for around that price. Just bide your time!

Di

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Yep! It was a very good torch - ony I did get a severe case of torch envy a few months later & sold it to buy the 18w. Now there is a 24w - so I have just stopped looking ;)

Di

·
Wannabe Lotto Jackpot Winner..!
941 Posts
JMD do two lantern torches a 20w and 50w focussable halogens for about £175. well worth a look IMHO.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Some is selling a Halcyon Umbilical Halogen torch for £150 on here. Probably a Proteus-3 10W.

·
Sponsored by The Betty Ford Clinic and Prozac
4,501 Posts
I'll have a 24w for sale shortly but it'll be a bit more than £150!

I just can't justify 4 HID's ;)
Damn - and people say I have too much kit :teeth:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.