YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

On Peter's itinerary, the Torr vane is listed, but I can't find out anything about it.  Even Google draws a blank.  Now it seems like "Argyll Shipwrecks" might be a usefull book, but it's out of print.  Can anyone point me towards any information about this seemingly mysterious wreck?
Cheers,
Derry

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

very pretty with lots of fish and lots of good stuff on the sea bed .....

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Note to self; Nameplate still on Bow. Must remember crowbar/screwdriver combination.

I tried to remove the nameplate subtly at first, looked at my air, decided time was lacking, put two fins against hull, grabbed nameplate and pushed/pulled, felt dizzy, remembered my own "personal situation", came back up slowly cursing that I'd left a "prize".

I know where it is, and it's nothing a crowbar/screwdriver won't solve!!

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Of course, I shall declare it to the ROW.

Peter

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Sep. 28 2003,19:07)]nothing a crowbar/screwdriver won't solve!!
If you swap "crowbar/screwdriver" for "lump of C4" or "grenade" that used to be a catch phrase of mine....

I presume you've already had the bell away?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rasilon @ Sep. 30 2003,11:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Sep. 28 2003,19:07)]nothing a crowbar/screwdriver won't solve!!
If you swap "crowbar/screwdriver" for "lump of C4" or "grenade" that used to be a catch phrase of mine....

I presume you've already had the bell away?
Too late

Peter

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Hi All

A few months ago I answered a question on UK divers website regarding the bell off the PEARLE built 1717, which I found at the Farnes in the late 80s. Within two days the ROW was on the case and e-mailed me for details. Luckily I had reported the discovery at the time, but it just goes to show that these websites are monitored daily, so it's worth remembering to be careful what you say. About insurance fiddles too

Cheers Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts