YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go Big or Go Home
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks my apologies if this is a daft question but i have got a transpac harness to try i wondered do i use a backplate with this or strap it straight to mt twins.
Thx
Fasty

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Hello folks my apologies if this is a daft question but i have got a transpac harness to try i wondered do i use a backplate with this or strap it straight to mt twins.
I think my Transpac is great for singles. It's also good for occasional use abroad with twins when I don't want to carry a backplate, but for UK use, I'd go with a backplate and harness everytime.

Jason

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
I am sure some people do it that way but the designed method is to use the proprietary stabalising plates.

Mal
I only recently got a long desired Transpac so am currently using it with a backplate until I get an opportunity to, either work out how you use those "stabilising plates" or camband the twins (which has been highly recommended) and then, re-address weighting. I don't want to start messing until I can get it right and tested.

Having dived it with the backplate I think it is probably more convenient without and if anyone can draw me a diagram explaining the plates I'd be most grateful :teeth:

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
I only recently got a long desired Transpac so am currently using it with a backplate until I get an opportunity to, either work out how you use those "stabilising plates" or camband the twins (which has been highly recommended) and then, re-address weighting. I don't want to start messing until I can get it right and tested.

Having dived it with the backplate I think it is probably more convenient without and if anyone can draw me a diagram explaining the plates I'd be most grateful :teeth:

They are very straight forward to use, Sixy

Take your twins, place the cell over the bolts, unhook the padding on the transpac, lay the transpac holes over the bolts, put a stabalising plate over each bolt then tighten your wing nuts till the stabalising plates is very tight. It should be holding the transpac and the cell tight against the cylinders.

When you have it on tight, then put the back pad back in place.

On a side note, If you have a backplate already, why not buy some webbing and try the one-piece harness for 20-25 dives.....then let me know if you want to go back to the transpac.

I really liked the transpac, but after experimenting with the OPH I wouldn't change it back.

HTH
Mal

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Aah, I see, they go on the inside of the Transpac. Thanks Mal :thumbsup:
I shall give that a whirl and look to add 2-3Kg elsewhere. I'm assuming I can still use the V weights.

I did try a webbed backplate, just for 2 dives, and my cylinders were all over the place! I had to back burner the idea as I needed to practise skills n stuff for a course but I may well try it again.

So far I lurve the Transpac. It actually fits me properly, back length and everything! A first for me :teeth: I have wanted one for a while and was going to check out the side mount add-ons

Thanks again :girlhug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts