YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for the lightest, secure bag to stick BCD, regs, fins, suit, mask in.

Ive got an aqualung but it weighs 3kg by itself.

Any ideas would be welcomed

Thanks

·
it's life but not as we know it
92 Posts
kit bag

Beaver do a 100ltr multi-bag holdall which retails for about £50 although you can pick them up for about £30 from ebay from time to time. It has multiple sections for fins etc and has a zip off side section as well. Made from cordulon and measures 71x36x36.

I use it regularly and its never let me down. Very strong and quite light and has room for all my gear. Ive had a few bags and holdalls and some just cant take the strain.

one on ebay here eBay.co.uk: Scuba diving large KIT BAG dive gear BEAVER brand NEW £ (item 120112200607 end time 29-Apr-07 22:45:58 BST)

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
I had a ND dive bag once, eventually it broke and I would never have another bag with a dive company written on it. During a trip to the Redsea in 2005 two bags with Oceanic were cut.

I use bags from Tatonka but they aren't cheap but will last forever.

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
Logo'd dive bags tend to be seen as easy targets by the 'morally challenged' amongst the luggage handling fraternity so i would suggest a large sturdy suitcase , ( can be lined with plastic etc, if you intend packing wet kit in it),
Or, if you really want one of the compartmented dive bags, visit your local army surplus store and pick up one of the old type kitbags, an extra large, olive green, canvas tube that you can stuff your dive bag into. Leave a couple of dirty socks inside so that the smell wafts gently from the neck and the light fingered will almost certainly pass over it rapidly towards more profitable looking prey.:)

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts