YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>After some info regarding multi trip / diving insurance.

I am interested in what companies other people use.  I currently have £5000 all risk cover with my contents insurance which should cover me for dive kit lost or stolen worldwide upto a maximum of 30 days duration per trip.  So I am not to worried about kit (Unless anyone can tell me different)..

The best option I have found so far regarding annual travel policy including (PROPER) diving cover is Westfield for about £135.

Anyone have any opinions or suggestions.

Daz

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I got the Westfield Dive Ins (on Bren's recommendation), looks pretty thorough to me and good value too, friendly helpfuls service to boot  

Chee-az
Steve

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Imported post

Doesn't answer your question, but might be useful to others;

I have a Lloyds TSB Gold Account that includes annual travel insurance as part of the 'package'. It specifically covers me for diving to 30M in the documentation. As an Ocean Diver it's a cracking bonus to have with the account (Account cost £8/month and includes other benefits...) Covers me for about £5,000,000 in medical/repatriation costs etc.

Have just insured my kit for £3000 through Divemaster Insurance as my company car isn't covered for personal belongings (gits). Cost £105 and covers it while on holiday too.

Justin.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Yeah,

I did my own pretty thorough review of insurance options about three years ago (DAN, Dive Master etc.) and came across Westfield - their SCUBA and Marine policy, so you can cover your boat, RIB or engine/outboard motor in the policy too, should you want to.

It costs me £127.50 (£128.00 with their admin fee!) to cover both Fiona and myself (not each) per annum, and that gets me multiple trip, UK and Global, kit and medical, chamber cover, repatriation if/where required, English speaking medics and lawyers etc.

They also cover you for "the depth to which you are certified to dive", so if you're a Trimix-wallah, then you're good to go; although you might want to ask just how this works where any local diving ordnance stipulates (a la Maldives and others) that recreational diving must have a 30 metre depth limit.

You can do it all over the phone as well. I simply phone up and renew every year.....and it hasn't gone up since the 1st time I purchased it.

Hope that helps Daz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts