YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

if you intend to travell to sharm with excel from manchester be aware that they are using air malta planes for this journey at present so no in flight movies going down.on return the air malta plane stops at malta to refuel and change crew.they told us it was because of strong winds etc and they didnt have enough fuel but some people had letters dated last september stating this would happen.so be warned as the flight takes an extre 2 and a half hours extra to come back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imported post

We fly to Sharm on the 22nd feb with Air Scandic this was a Excel flight, try and get your extra 10 kg on this one Fiona

·
Registered
197 Posts
Imported post

It appears that Excel use any air line that will sub-contract to them. In November I traveled on a French line after booking Excel. They also appear to be very strict on weight allowances at Manchester, they even weigh hand luggage and a number of friends have had to pay up to £50 excess baggage.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Tell you what, Whehn I win those Millions on the Lottery, I'll invest in an airline and insist on them putting a Manchester - Sharm route. Excel will then shxt them selves at the competion and have to bend to diver requests. I have Monopoly.

Dave (now wehere did I put that Lottery Ticket) C

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

Does any one know of an airline where we can book direct rather than having to book a package because we can get really good rates on liveaboards but can never book just a flight:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts