YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Okay, I know this is an old one, but I can’t remember what, if any, conclusive answer was given!
Flying on Saturday & taking a pony with me, which will be packed in the crate with the rest of my gear.  The dive gear is on the reservation so the airline knows that I am taking it on the flight.
It will be packed at the bottom of the crate so I don’t want to have to take it out unless forced to but I would expect it would be quite likely that we would have to open the crate for inspection.

What is the best way to present the cylinder – what can I get away with?  I have seent he standard “empty with the valve open” stuff, but surely that is not a good way to carry your cylinders unless you really want them full of moisture?  Will I get away with a few bar (<5) in them and the valve shut which would be my preference?  After all, the fractions of a bar difference in the drop in atmospheric pressure are nowhere close to the vessel working pressure!
Any advice gratefully received, as always…

Cheers

Lou

· Registered
18,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Yep, already the asked the guy that, he said no problem.  He was bemused as to why we wanted ponies though - not too common in Canada as far as I could make out!  

Cheers

Lou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.