YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I don't know if anyone out there is interested but I know there are some places available on A Diggle's RIB for Sunday.  I phoned him last night and he had three people booked on it and I booked making 4.  I think the boat holds 10.  

Not very deep stuff, just the local site around the bay, he did say he didn't know what the weather was doing until later.  

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Fiona
theres a guy on Divernet suggesting Anglesey is blown out this weekend. Now seeing as I'm a southerner and dont know what happens past Watford my geography is probably rubbish but I was down for Anglesy 1 and I seem to remember we were going to do Traed... (whatever) bay, so I seem to think they might be quite near each other?

http://www.diverforum.co.uk/talkforums/diverforum/posts/13670.html

the link is as above
Sorry
Matt

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yes you're right, probably the same place.  It's got a bit of an odd climate in Tbay / Holyhead never does do what the weathermen say, that's why it's always worth checking the night before.  Never say its off until it's off.
 If it is blown out then have to put my feet up again.

Fiona

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi, Fiona,
Did you manage to get out with Aubrey at the weekend?
Treardur was obviously blown-out (see map) but Holyhead would have been OK

I've heard Aubrey doesn't do much in H/head for some reason, but there are some good dives to be had- Oria, Lady-Meath, Asmund and Kirkmicheal- all less than 25m. Mind you, I don't suppose it's much fun on a rib in a gale

As can be seen from the map, you should be able to get a dive on Anglesey whatever the wind is doing. There's Aubrey for Treardur side, Julie-anne for North-side (inc  West to H/head and round as far as Puffin Island in the East)
Julie-Anne Charters Then there's Voyager to cover the area around the Straits. Tel: Scott- 01248 716923.
Dive Safe,
Terry

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
No, actually but not because of the weather, I started with a cold on Friday and by Saturday after continually trying to clear my ears (on land you understand) I phoned on Saturday to cancel, they were out on Saturday don't know about Sunday and I didn't set my alarm for 5.30am just to see what the weather would have been doing.  Dig's does do the Holyhead side but I do prefer Tbay to Holyhead, just more going on especially if I am on my own
  I have done holyhead side mut mainly with out own club rib.  Might try for this weekend or just leave it and see what's happening for the BH weekend.

Fiona

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Sorry don't seem to be ablt to spell this morning!!

I have done holyhead side BUT mainly with OUR own club rib.  Might try for this weekend or just leave it and see what's happening for the BH weekend.

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (angleseydiver @ May 13 2003,00:14)]As can be seen from the map, you should be able to get a dive on Anglesey whatever the wind is doing.
You can tell em' Terry but they won't beleive you..............
Hobby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts