YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have organised 2 Treasure Hunts, 1 Capernwray 7th September and Stoney Cove 26 October. All proceeds are going towards a Marine Conservation Expedition. Please e-mail me for more information [email protected]. See you there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Just turn up on the day, when you are ready to dive you will get the first clue which will send you to the first object. There you will get a letter/s and the next clue which will send you to the next object. There you will get a letter/s and another clue etc.... You will need a compass and a slate or something to write on. The letters which you are given will make a word, the quickest team back to the checkpoint will win. It is £6 per buddy team to enter. All proceeds are going towards a Marine Conservation Expedition.

If any Yorkshire Divers go please introduce yourself so I know who you are.

See you there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Well Divechick, well done on the organisation!

Its a pity the diver's (in our team's case) didn't come up to scratch. Hope you make your sponsorship soon.

Billy says thanks for the wooden spoon!

Long lasting but miss directed,

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

To be fair, the team (lets not mention names!!!) did great apart from the navigation and time aspect, oh, and remembering the prize word. Did we get two letters in total in the end!!!!!!!!
Think of the exercise we got swiming the length and width of the quarry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Imported post

My buddy and I did quite well, we thought we got all the clues and managed to make 2 words. Shame we missed the clue on the African Queeen and got the words wrong! Oops.
I really enjoyed the hunt though.
Hopefully Divechick will get abit more support at the next event.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the support lads

I had a good day in all, after the nightmare run up to it. I don't see the problem in missing clues, remembering words and navigating the course, I got round in about 5 minutes!

Hopefully the next at Stoney Cove will be more successful.

See you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts