YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two E130 high pressure steel tanks that I would like to take with me to Egypt and leave there. I'm considering taking them with me on my next flight using KLM.
Any recommendations on how to pack them or other helpful informations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
I have two E130 high pressure steel tanks that I would like to take with me to Egypt and leave there. I'm considering taking them with me on my next flight using KLM.
Any recommendations on how to pack them or other helpful informations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
A couple of years ago I took my Poney to Sharm. I phoned the Airline to confirm it was ok. They asked me to drain the cylinder and remove the pillar valve. I emptied the cylinder and loosened the pillar valve to show them when I checkin. At Checkin, I decleared the cylinder to the checkin staff, who once I'd shown it was empty, were happy to place it in the hold luggage. They asked me to leave it open incase the preasure increase due to altitude blew the tank open.. :D yeh right... I told then it was open but closed it.

My advice is to do the same, phone the airline to confirm.

Dave C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts