YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My buddy( markymark ,the closet city fan)and I were looking at a dip in the balmy seas off Anglesey this w/end.
Anyone give me an indication of vis at the mo? or is it off to join the ranks of the great unwashed at Capers.
Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
219 Posts
Last Sunday there was 6 meter viz at Trefor but its murky around Angelsey, been told they have been dredging Holyhead harbour causing the viz to drop around the island.

·
Still wet behind the ears ;)
266 Posts
Dived Trefor pier last night, well spent 5 minutes underneath it before canning the dive - very silty and algae mixed in for good measure. The viz has been pants offshore as well, we had to can last sunday's dive out of Porth Colmon on the Lleyn.

We're even contemplating going to the quarry this Sunday for some training rather than try the sea again.

HTH

Irfon

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys
looks like Irfon has the last word so it looks like a muddy puddle beckons

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Is there ever good viz at Anglesey? I've never seen more than 2m in a series of attempts, even in the height of summer in flat calm seas after a period of calm seas. It's worse than Dover.

Of course if you're already going then just take a picture of a nice pretty fishy and stick it to the glass of your mask. At least that way you will have seen something. Even if you put it there.

Digs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts