YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planning to buy a Dive Rite Transpac for my new twin 10s (will use a 7l ali stage too), so the Trek seems to be the most appropriate air cell (Dive Rite say it's "a shorter wing"), but I can get hold of a Rec more easily & cheaply.
I'm only 5'2", so think a shorter wing would be neater (I'm not DIR though) if it will support those cylinders ok (I know it takes up to twin 13s(!sic!) but will it be ok with a stage too?).
Your experience & advice please!
Cheers, Lindsey

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Hi, I'm planning to buy a Dive Rite Transpac for my new twin 10s (will use a 7l ali stage too), so the Trek seems to be the most appropriate air cell (Dive Rite say it's "a shorter wing"), but I can get hold of a Rec more easily & cheaply.
I'm only 5'2", so think a shorter wing would be neater (I'm not DIR though) if it will support those cylinders ok (I know it takes up to twin 13s(!sic!) but will it be ok with a stage too?).
Your experience & advice please!
Cheers, Lindsey
Hi Lindsey

I have the Transpac Rec wing for my twin tens and stage, and am 5' 4 and a half ", . It works fine for me. No issues whatsoever with it.

Blimey, that was a short answer.

Sue

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I use a trek wing on a mini meg and a rec wing on the meg cannister...the trek wing is by far the tidier of the 2 for smaller twinsets..

saying that...my mate uses a recwing with twin 7's and they suit him just fine..

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
I'm a firm fan of the RecWing.

I do a good mix of diving ranging from single 15 up to twin 12's and a stage and the RecWing is the only wing I need - it does all jobs perfectly well. I've also seen people using one for diving single ali 12's on holiday. It is an increadibly versatile bit of kit.

I've no hesitation in saying buy a RecWing and you won't ever want for anything else short of going to multi-stage diving requiring a twin bladder.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
what is the difference between the transplate harness and the trans pac - do you use a backplate with both?

G

·
I use the Recwing for my twin 12L's, taking the bungees off because they get in the way, and find they have lots of lift. Unbungeed they are pretty big and my CD backplate doesn't squeeze them.
Would imaginer that anything bigger flaps/ rolls a bit ?
Good luck
Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts