YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ April 04 2004,12:53)]I have dived with asthmatices before , and i set a depth limit for them , and thats MAX DEPTH of 18 mts.
<font color='#0000FF'>On what grounds Andy?

As a diver and an asthmatic who has been certified to dive to the limits of my qualifications and who regularly does, I think I'd be a bit miffed if you tried to impose your limits on me.

What are your medical qualifications?

Stu.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Maybe I read it wrong Andy, but just to clarify:

Is the 18m limit for your buddy, or any asthmatic diving off the Tarus?

Stu.

PS. The tone of this is beginning to bug me. I've never had a problem related to asthma whilst diving. Asthmatics are'nt some kind of diving timebomb waiting to go off when you're the dive marshall.
In fact, I'd be a hell of a lot happier diving with most of the asthmatic divers I've come across than a lot of the so called "Fit" divers I see every week.
Dont get me wrong, I dont want to come across as aggressive but all asthmatics are different, personally, as long as my DV dosent have a cat in it I'll be ok!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zaksherlock @ April 04 2004,23:00)]As for the whole athsma bit, find a good diving doctor.... Doc Adey down in portsmouth is worth a call.... or Phil Bryson at DDRC.
<font color='#0000FF'>Bingo Zak, Phil was the dude I saw, many years ago now tho.

Stu.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>One thing to add, there was a recent troll on Dnet, from Merkin I think.
Somthing about taking helium balloons underwater etc etc.
Some knowledgeable chap came along and said that there was allsorts in Balloon He, including lots of CO + CO2.

And yes pierre, those with VERY severe asthma or any chronic lung complaint (Emphaseyma (Spl?) ETC) should not be treated with/use O2.
But as it says in the manual, they probably wouldnt be diving either.

Stu.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Fair enough Dom, only quoting what I've read.

I think somtimes manuals generalise, whereas your experience is obviously current and specific.
We live and learn!

Stu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.