YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello

We have recently moved to Portishead (near Bristol) and are finding it impossible to get Trimix fills in that area.  Does anyone know of any dive shops that mix trimix that are close(ish) to Bristol?  

By the way we know about the National Diving Centre in Chepstow, but having had a pretty bad fill (quantity not quality) from there we would prefer to find somewhere else.

Many thanks

P

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Imported post

I used to live in Fishponds - I can't believe you cannot get gas..  (carefull how you read that!!)

Current state used to and still do as far as I know unless they have gone out of business.

There details plus another here:

http://www.diveinstruct.org.uk/gasfills.html

Chris.

·
Founder Member of the 'Viet Taff'
1,523 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I know the guys that run the NDC and if you have had a bad fill TELL them, they are a decent bunch and in my experience they will do something about it.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chrisch @ Jan. 29 2004,14:12)]I used to live in Fishponds - I can't believe you cannot get gas..  (carefull how you read that!!)

Current state used to and still do as far as I know unless they have gone out of business.

There details plus another here:

http://www.diveinstruct.org.uk/gasfills.html

Chris.
Current state went under quite some time back.

The only place I know for Trimix is the NDC in close proximity.  But they do have some rules on filling to 200bar for hot mixes (Over 50%  O2 or some such) although I do not really understand why this would affect Trimix.

Daz

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pippi @ Jan. 29 2004,13:42)]By the way we know about the National Diving Centre in Chepstow, but having had a pretty bad fill (quantity not quality) from there we would prefer to find somewhere else.
<font color='#F52887'>As my PM to you earlier on said, I spoke to Kieron the manager at NDC and he was upset that you were not satisfied with the service they provide. In life, if you do not complain at the time, do not go away moaning about something or someone until you give them a chance to redeem themselves. If they do it again and again then that is a different matter. I, and many more are more than happy with the service at the NDC.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Without jumping on the band wagon too much,  I have had pretty good service from the NDC,  air and nitrox to 300 bar and very reasonably priced.

Give them another chance Pippi,  it's close, convenient and reasonably priced.  I'm sure they will sort out any past errors.

Daz

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Thanks v much for your posts.  I will certainly try out the link and let you know if I find anywhere this side of the Bristol Channel.

Happy diving!

P

1 - 8 of 8 Posts