YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good piccie / illustration of a Trimix Label, which I could use as a guide to electronically draw my own. Ideally from some sort of official source but a good photo probably fine. I've already done my own and club's Breathing Air and Nitrox labels - laser printer at work and Avery L7067 label material does the job just nicely. Great also for MOD depth labels etc.

To put something back in - I've found my nearest wyko distributer, check out wyko.co.uk, a great place to get O rings - all for 10p each. For example there were no problems in getting the 'battery' O ring (to the exact spec, it's in the manual!) for a Suunto Vyper. They also do a .pdf downlaod which comprehensively covers just about everthing you'd want to know about O ring sizes etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imported post

Try the American IANTD website - they have illustrations of all the labels they sell, this should give you a reasonable idea.  Don't bother with the UK site - they don't have any picture.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Thanks Angie - but for example no green diamond on these which I suspect is what's needed in the UK?

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Neil R @ Feb. 24 2004,12:16)]Thanks Angie - but for example no green diamond on these which I suspect is what's needed in the UK?
Green diamond??

I havent got one on my mix tanks. Most of the tanks are labled with TRIMIX in red on white background. My tanks are just labled as Nitrox. I dont have any bother from the fill stations.

I use Gaffer tape and marker pen to indicate the fill.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>If ya thinking like the GREEN DIAMOND for ya car,,,,,,, it's the same, according to my insurance company.

You just need to show , that you are carrying compressed gas / air

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

The green diamond refers to the new tank labelling regs.

I was about to start looking into doing my own, until I discovered that BSAC (of all people) do a small label that meets all legislative requirments for getting a fill. They charge something like 12p a label. I figured it wasnt worth doing at that sort of price! the label can be bought from their website.

For my fills, I have that label on the tank to get a fill (if Im at a strange shop) and just write the MOD on a bit of duct tape.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Thanks for the BSAC pointer Zak - they have a nice piccie on the ordering page.

Yes the green diamond and the description of gas content XXX% N2 / XXX% He / XXX% O2 is the compulsory part according to the HSE requirements.  Good text based info on the SITA web site - see the letter in the publications section.

But even the HSE do go on to note all the more useful stuff like depth markings etc can also be included ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts