YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,063 Posts
Thanks, very useful advice which I may also be putting to use for stills work!!

10,063 Posts
How are you people wanting to mount a stills camera/housing on a tripod planning to trigger the shutter? When using a tripod, you would normally use a trigger pluger/cable but, to my knowledge, there is no such device available for any underwater camera or housing.
The issue of using a cable release on a stills camera is to reduce the camera shake on the initiation of the release. Underwater, I plan to use the normal shutter release but there probably won't be enough light to show up any movement - thats what I am hoping anyway! For a shutter length of a couple/few seconds, the release time is going to be, percentage wise, pretty small.

However, I will need to practice!

10,063 Posts
The other option you have for reducing shutter wobble is to use the self timer function. I don't know however if this is accessible on an UW housing.

John
Unfortunately, the ST on my S2 can only be set on the surface so it would mean that all shots would need to be taken using the ST which is something I wouldn't want to do.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.