YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a cheap and light (preferably foldable) trolly for my tanks and clobber. I know a while back Aldi had some for about a tenner, like a parcel trolly. Where can I get a cheap one from?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Try your local angling shop, I brought one, never used it but it seemed like a good idea at the time :teeth:

Reactions: purple vonny

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Don't get the Lidl ones with the folding wheels. They are crap. I had one and gave it away. As soon as it sees a teeny tiny bump the wheels collapse faster than Digger when I slap him in the pods.
You must have bigger bumps up there than we do sown here, as the ones's I've seen being used are fine.

Just to take kit from the carpark down a Pontoon though.

·
Myth Buster
510 Posts
Have you got out of practice carrying stuff, promise I won't tell them when I go out to Mallorca!!:)

I want a cheap and light (preferably foldable) trolly for my tanks and clobber. I know a while back Aldi had some for about a tenner, like a parcel trolly. Where can I get a cheap one from?

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
You must have bigger bumps up there than we do sown here, as the ones's I've seen being used are fine.

Just to take kit from the carpark down a Pontoon though.
We have big well hard Northern bumps none of your southern shandy puffy soft bumps.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
I want a cheap and light (preferably foldable)
No you don't ;) - foldable ones, well they kinda fold up. Usually when your stuff is on them crossing a rickety old pontoon.

Chris

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you got out of practice carrying stuff, promise I won't tell them when I go out to Mallorca!!:)
Well I'm knocking on a bit now Clive and I have to preserve my strength. Anyway, I always used the trolly to unpack the van in Mallorca!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Reactions: purple vonny

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
I've got one of those upright ones but have now bought one of these

Platform Truck - Screwfix Direct, Everything for the Trade, Next Day!

You can fit way more on them and they have a mega load capacity.

Only draw back is the handle is lower and they aren't so easy to get over 'lips'

Got mine for £20 but they've gone up to £25. Dead easy to assemble and I can help you, unless you need it sooner :D

Actually, unless you need it very soon you can give mine a go and see how you like them :teeth:

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Do you want to flog me your upright one?
Mmm, probably not, not sure. I've only just got the flatbed one and reckon it's great for loading boats but I can see the benefits of having the other for different circumstances.

Sorry :frown:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts