YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friendlies, i've been tryin to download msn messenger onto my ickle boys lappy so we can chat, i go to msn.co.uk then click on messenger and i get the sky blue screen before the animation pop up screen should come up, and it just freezes like that.

i've looked at the pop up stopper settings, internet security stuff and other obvious stuff, even erased macafee crap and went back to AVG but to no avail, anyone got any ideas?

Am willin to bang a tenner in the RNLI pot for a fix on this 'cos am aware i am treatin you lot as my personal IT consultants:embarassed:

Cheers

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Friendlies, i've been tryin to download msn messenger onto my ickle boys lappy so we can chat, i go to msn.co.uk then click on messenger and i get the sky blue screen before the animation pop up screen should come up, and it just freezes like that.

i've looked at the pop up stopper settings, internet security stuff and other obvious stuff, even erased macafee crap and went back to AVG but to no avail, anyone got any ideas?

Am willin to bang a tenner in the RNLI pot for a fix on this 'cos am aware i am treatin you lot as my personal IT consultants:embarassed:

Cheers
can you take a screen shot - or better still a photo - of the problem and post it up - so we can see the text on the bluescreen.. ?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you take a screen shot - or better still a photo - of the problem and post it up - so we can see the text on the bluescreen.. ?

I can't mate, the pooter is with him at my ex's.

If you go to the msn.co.uk screen andclick on messenger, it's the screen just before the pop up comes on, has the msn thing at the bottom. There's no other text or error messages it just freezes

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I can't mate, the pooter is with him at my ex's.

If you go to the msn.co.uk screen andclick on messenger, it's the screen just before the pop up comes on, has the msn thing at the bottom. There's no other text or error messages it just freezes
well that blue screen will give you (and us) a big clue as the the problem..

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that blue screen will give you (and us) a big clue as the the problem..
ok mate, i'll try and get a piccy next time i dare round the ex's house. Please bare in mind she wants to grill my knackers then mince 'em whilst am still lucid:teeth:

It's like it's blockin a pop up, but i've turned the pop up blocker off.

I hate bein stupid:embarassed:

·
Sponsored by The Betty Ford Clinic and Prozac
4,501 Posts
Take this as a message from the universe - it is trying to stop you from making a dreadful mistake.

MSN, like Explorer is the code of the devil. Install GAIM (now known as Pidgin) instead. It's an opensource (free) multi chat protocol client that supports MSN, ICQ, Yahoo etc. It's like MSN without all that horrible advertising shit clogging up your PC.

http://www.pidgin.im/

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
ok mate, i'll try and get a piccy next time i dare round the ex's house. Please bare in mind she wants to grill my knackers then mince 'em whilst am still lucid:teeth:

It's like it's blockin a pop up, but i've turned the pop up blocker off.

I hate bein stupid:embarassed:
I'm sure you hate being fat too but your just f*cked thats the way it is:teeth: How have you upset the Mrs now?

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
It a vista based laptop?

I had to go into microsoft downloads then get msn from there, just clicking the link on msn.co.uk came up with the same blue screen you described.

Even if its running xp it might be worth trying that way to.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take this as a message from the universe - it is trying to stop you from making a dreadful mistake.

MSN, like Explorer is the code of the devil. Install GAIM (now known as Pidgin) instead. It's an opensource (free) multi chat protocol client that supports MSN, ICQ, Yahoo etc. It's like MSN without all that horrible advertising shit clogging up your PC.

Home | Pidgin
Mate, you might have just spoken in swahili to me. Me lad wants msn messenger, as a good dad i have to deliver 'cos all his mates have messenger. Please keep all advice fit fit for mumpties please:embarassed:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It a vista based laptop?

I had to go into microsoft downloads then get msn from there, just clicking the link on msn.co.uk came up with the same blue screen you described.

Even if its running xp it might be worth trying that way to.
no mate its runnin xp sp2, i tried goin to ms updates but i dunno how to download owt apart from lettin it scan the pooter and decidin what it wants itself:embarassed:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure you hate being fat too but your just f*cked thats the way it is:teeth: How have you upset the Mrs now?
Fcuk off you tw4t:teeth:

I would only give her a grand this month and she wanted 1500, life's a bitch eh?:teeth:

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
no mate its runnin xp sp2, i tried goin to ms updates but i dunno how to download owt apart from lettin it scan the pooter and decidin what it wants itself:embarassed:
All you should need to do is go into ms downloads NOT updates search for messenger click download and follow on screen prompts.

I would only give her a grand this month and she wanted 1500, life's a bitch eh?:teeth:
Jeezzzzz I thought my ex was a money grabbing vindictive evil witch

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts

:eek:mg: can I apply for the position of ex-wife please? I'd be quite happy with a £grand a month :redface:

Hope you get MSN sorted soon - that, and skype, are my lifeline :teeth:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:eek:mg: can I apply for the position of ex-wife please? I'd be quite happy with a £grand a month :redface:

Hope you get MSN sorted soon - that, and skype, are my lifeline :teeth:

erm. 1 ex wife is enough for any geyser:teeth: am currently workin on gainin as many ex girlfriends as possible:embarassed:

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
erm. 1 ex wife is enough for any geyser:teeth: am currently workin on gainin as many ex girlfriends as possible:embarassed:
Ah, well, thought I'd just ask ;)

Good luck with the other ex's too :D

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts

Tight git:teeth: come diving you tart

·
Sponsored by The Betty Ford Clinic and Prozac
4,501 Posts
Mate, you might have just spoken in swahili to me. Me lad wants msn messenger, as a good dad i have to deliver 'cos all his mates have messenger. Please keep all advice fit fit for mumpties please:embarassed:
MSN = Bad.

Pidgin = Good.

Your son will be able to use 'MSN' to to talk to his mates without having to install MSN by installing Pidgin instead.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts