1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello to all.
Just thought I'd introduce myself!
I'm Dave and I'm a warm water wuss trying to get started in Uk diving. My only claim to infamy so far is that I saw Digger and TieWrapDiver yesterday at Stoney and shouted Hello.

I'm an inexperienced diver and basically I want to be a bit better than an underwater breather.

I live in Windsor for my sins though I am originally from Halifax - a damn fine town in God's country. :cool

I've been quietly lurking in the background for a wee while picking up quite a bit of info and realising that this site is full of depraved loonies - so me thinks if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Best wishes to everyone!

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Hello and welcome to the boards, Will you be coming to Stoney on the 21st?

Team Bunny

Edit, I can't beleive that I've beaten Bren as the first welcomer (if such a word exists  
)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>welcome from someone else from gods own county
have some fun and get wet

dave

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Depraved loonies! .... Depraved? .... Loonies?

Got us sussed then!    

Welcome aboard! And get to Stoney on 21st February!

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Greetings master Davey

It was surely only a mater of time before you listend to your iner self and succumbed to the dark side of UK diving. For this task you must be strong, do not let the lure of warm water, tropical islands, brilliant colours, beautiful sealife, large pelagics, scantily clad native women............. Hang on a minuit! Want to buy some dive kit?

James  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daveyb @ Jan. 11 2004,07:08)]realising that this site is full of depraved loonies
<font color='#000080'>that would be me then?

Get yourself along to stoney for the 21st and really scare yourself!

porgster

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hello Mate,

Just up the road from you in Marlow, will be going to the Stoney gig, so hope you can join us.

Andrew

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the encouragement folks!

Yesterday at Stoney was fun - mask removal which i messed up badly, out of air drill with long hose which was yuk and bloody hell, sticking up a blob is hard work.

Most likely won't see you all in Feb as I may have some training dives down here but I'll be with you all in spirit and hope to meet you all at some point.

Porg,
Your reputation as a man hating amphibious monster- (a mham) does indeed scare me big time but I must admit having seen Dastardly and Mutley alias Digger and TieWrapDiver, could it really get any scarier?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Davey,

Welcome to the boards and the sometime asylum which is YD!

If we can help, we will, so ask any questions you fancy and we'll gat you squared-away!

Cheers,

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Dave,

Nice to have another Dave on the YD board. Great to meet up at Stoney. It going to be FANTASTIC. I'm sure I'l never see you over the whole weekend as there will be too many people to get through. Log on, read up and enjoy. As Bren said not question is too silly, you'll get genuine answers to all.

Dave C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts