YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well looks interesting to me with only 4 channels so maybe you've all seen it on Satellite or cable.

Channel 4  7pm-9pm Saturday
Jutland: Clash of the Dreadnoughts
A team of marine divers and historians set out to explore the wrecks of the great battleships that were sunk during the Battle of Jutland in 1916.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>"TOPHOLE"!!! Nearly missed that...ta

Rob C  

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

Thanks for reminding me.

Think it's part of a series. There was one a few days ago showing the history but no divers, just historical footage, so this must be a different one. Last programme was still very good though.

Off out now but have just set the video.

Cheers,
  Janos

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Georgina

Thanx, i would have missed that.

Regards

Paul

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Well what a good documentary.

Note to club treasurer - we must get one of those side scan thingys.

Note to club boat officer - will it fit on the Rhib.

Andy - when you getting one of them multi spectrum one's like the one used to take the shots of the Richard Montgomary the ROW showed us the other week?

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Excellent documentary, oh for the budget and the way with all that equipment at your disposal

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Fantastic footage of the dives. I loved the shot of the diver fining up past the 15" guns. The Viz was at least 30m. Oh how I would love to dive one of those wrecks.

Sorry but I had a smug moment:

Did any body else notice how poor misguided Innis McCarty and his teem of expert divers had been suckered into diving those crappy Custom Divers TDB wings  
 One pathetic sole even had a VR3 on. I don’t know? I bet the dive shop keeper laughed his head off when those Muppets left the shop with their shiny kit.

Couldn’t get my head around the comment that the divers would only get 30min bottom time at 50m?? We run 45min bottom times no problem and some of the OC boys do 60min runs. That said bloody Rob on his CCR did a 60min run on the Moll in Feb last year and put us all to shame with a 120min total time in the water. But he has treacle for blood.  

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Feb. 07 2004,22:01)]Couldn’t get my head around the comment that the divers would only get 30min bottom time at 50m?? We run 45min bottom times no problem and some of the OC boys do 60min runs. That said bloody Rob on his CCR did a 60min run on the Moll in Feb last year and put us all to shame with a 120min total time in the water. But he has treacle for blood.  
<font color='#0000FF'>it may be because they were planning to dive multiple dives over many days, i am no expert but that would seem like a reason for limited bottom times

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Whatever the reason, i doubt the dive co-ordinator missed much with his years of experience. Probably a bit more detailed than most of my planning.

Looks like they picked lots of top tips up from the 'Wreck Detectives'  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I missed the start of it, but it was great seeing some of the boats that now lie in scapa flow in action.  I could get some revenge on my dad as every time scotland, or wales, or the lake district come on the telly he says "ive been up that one" about a particular mountain.  Now i can say "i dived that one!"

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Feb. 07 2004,22:01)]
Sorry but I had a smug moment:

One pathetic sole even had a VR3 on. I don’t know?[/QUOTE]

Probably not as smug as Gurr feels everytime he gets his cheques from Delta P.

I'll bet it was Gurr using the VR3.

And the ginger twat sat on the deck was a ccr/cave instructor that has quite an interesting resume behind him.  

·
Registered
42 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all, yes what a great show, missed the bloody start, but it was something to see those ships.

And of course its good to see a programme with 2 of our best technical divers, kevin Gurr and Innis McCartney, i have a friend who had been lucky to dive the Jutland wrecks twice with Innis and he was also on the Operation Deadlight expedition with hinm as well.

Some geat diving, i would love to dive Jutland, also sometime on one of the discovery channels is a show of the Britanic, i dont know if this is the one with Kevin Gurr when they sat dived the ship, maybe someone can tell me.

All the best.

Laurence

·
Registered
42 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all update on the Britanic Expidition

Sunday 15th Feb at
2000hrs on the National Geographic channel for all those interested.

got this of another web site.

Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts