YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Getting Grumpy, Old and Twisted
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good day up in Middlesborough today at The Welding Institute open day.
Did a 20 minute surface fed hard hat dive in their 21' diving tank with all steel oil field fabrications.
Also went in their pot down to 10m just for fun.
A great day with food included all for free!
A big thanks to TWI staff and look forward to the next one.

Water Workwear Helmet Engineering Leisure

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
That looks like it was fun ...... wish I could have gone - why are you organising all this stuff now I've left eh? ;)

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts
why are you organising all this stuff now I've left eh? ;)

I overheard someone say that you'd never fit your nose inside a Kirby. :) Though to be fair, if the oral-nasal mask was removed from inside even Adrian Brody could get his shonk in.

·
6,935 Posts
I overheard someone say that you'd never fit your nose inside a Kirby. :) Though to be fair, if the oral-nasal mask was removed from inside even Adrian Brody could get his shonk in.
Cheeky b*gger! ;)

·
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like it was fun ...... wish I could have gone - why are you organising all this stuff now I've left eh? ;)
Not me who organised it Sue, it is one of those things that the Welding Institute do every so often. :lightbulb
A certain couple of instructors (with a big red van) well known to your good self were on the list to dive but failed to show. Was also posted on the club forum but after several potential interested replies and the offer of three places in my car there were no takers.
Hence the reason that I am reluctant to organise this type of thing any more and rely on the good and generous offers of TWI and the likes. :thumbs_up:

·
6,935 Posts
Not me who organised it Sue, it is one of those things that the Welding Institute do every so often. :lightbulb
A certain couple of instructors (with a big red van) well known to your good self were on the list to dive but failed to show. Was also posted on the club forum but after several potential interested replies and the offer of three places in my car there were no takers.
Hence the reason that I am reluctant to organise this type of thing any more and rely on the good and generous offers of TWI and the likes. :thumbs_up:
Typical :rolleyes:

If I ever bother to come 'home' (unlikely), you know I'd love to give it a go - it's right up my 'Triq'.

·
on last legs
890 Posts
Yep, a big thanks to all the guys and girls who made it fun.The best bit was when I asked the rather 'gifted' young lady where the pot was.She told me it was down the upper corridor and on the left - turns out that was the gents and not the pot I was looking for!! :D
Oh, and I got a .31 on the reaction test (unfortunately, this was on my 3rd go so I didn't get the bottle of scotch :frown:

·
6,935 Posts
Aw shucks, am I gonna have to haul myself all the way over to Gozo if I ever want to see you again? :teeth:
'Fraid so bird, 'fraid so! :D :thumbsup:.

We could even :eek:mg: go diving too ;)

:shade: :sun:

·
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, a big thanks to all the guys and girls who made it fun.The best bit was when I asked the rather 'gifted' young lady where the pot was.She told me it was down the upper corridor and on the left - turns out that was the gents and not the pot I was looking for!! :D
Oh, and I got a .31 on the reaction test (unfortunately, this was on my 3rd go so I didn't get the bottle of scotch :frown:
Sorry I missed you aqua0 as I woundered if there would be any YDers in attendance. Yes it was a great day and worth the trip up from Mansfield.
I was the clever bugger who was 5th in the tank and couldn't clear my ears straight away due to descending too fast. However after a small ascent managed to clear OK. I thought I could just move my jaw to clear without the aid of the nasal plug, like when going under pressure in the pot.
A good dive experience though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts