YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

Those of you on the board with or have had twin 7's with isolation manifold and steel bands

Can you tell me?

What is the position of the tanks in the bands, ie based on the upper band, how far are they away from the break (the position where the tank starts to curve)

What wing and harness do you have (One piece, OMS, Buddy etc.) and how have you adjusted it?

With these adjustments what position in the water do you take when reaching your valves, ie vertical, horizontal, somewhere inbetween?

Thanks. This is on behalf of a friend who is not on the board and I have little experience with twin 7's so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Thanks

Andy

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Andy,

Same as on the 12s that you saw Saturday.

I've got a separate backplate and harness but it's exactly the same as the other one.

Drills done horizontal - slightly more difficult that the 12s - particularly the left hand valve before I re-greased it.

I think a lot of this depends where the individuals natural pivot point is.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Umm... the top of the band is about 3inches below the cylinder curve..

Buddy wing & Combro plate with OPH - rigged a la DIR, only the waistband actually sits on my waist rather than around my stomach. If rigged DIR-height, the cylinders would probably have to be lowered in the bands correspondingly.

Remaining horizontal at all times (or at least, I try
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts