YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all, in my progession of this sport some guy from my club has lent me a 7lt twin set with bands to try out as i am considering purchasing one my self.
 So to the question can any of you give some good advice or links to sites on how to configure the hoses as i aspect there to various ways.I have looked on some sites but all they show is the 1st's and black hoses coming out but not whats on the ends.  The equip i have is ATX 200 1st and 2nd, ATX 50 1st (DST) and 2nd ,ATX50 octo,spg,dry suit inflator,wing inflator.

Regards,

MAL..

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I detect the begining of a very long thread, you'll get no end of suggestions as there are plenty of twinset users here.

I'd recommend trying the search function and having a sift through previous posts, for starters you'll find a variety of views on upright versus inverted config, as well as a bunch of stuff about manifolded v. independants, type of BCD, make of bcd, types and makes of manifolds  etc etc etc.....
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

It's actually outdated in places, but my web page has my hose routing explained.

I have my long hose and wing inflator on the right post, and the backup DV, drysuit inflator, and SPG on the left.
Long hose goes down back to waist, up over left shoulder, behind neck, into mouth.
Wing inflator goes behind neck to corrugated hose.
Backup DV goes behind neck & hangs off necklace.
Drysuit inflator goes under left arm to inflate button.
SPG goes straight down, clipped at waist level.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Imported post

Hi
This is how I have mine, but am sure plenty will say differently. None-the-less, here goes:
Looking at twinset from behind-
Left Post:Secondary reg (which comes behind my neck and round under my chin on a necklace), SPG, BCD/wing inflator
Right Post:Main reg, SPG and drysuit hose.
From your config, would probably use the TX200 1st/reg as primary and DST/TX50 as secondary.
Some may say have a long hose for your primary reg for when you donate to an OOA, but I haven't. May do at a later date though.
You may also be recommended that you only need one SPG, again, I use two, and will continue to.
I have moved my hoses around several times to try and get the best configuration I can, so once you've got it together you need to get in the pool and just try it out/adjust until you feel comfortable.
HTH
Martin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the advice guys,
i quess its a personel thing horses for courses and all that.I was wondering if there was any strict rules/facts which to adere to like wing/suit inflator on different posts.
As this set is borrowed i just wanted a simple/general config until i get my own and at that point i may consider the long hose and really fine tune the set up.
Great site Dom plenty of good info.
The manifold is an MDE but there is no isolator does this change the rules in any way ,do you class this as a single tank and how would this affect the config.

Regards,

MAL..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Imported post

Hi, no isolator= one big cylinder= no redundancy.
I sincerely don't mean this in a threatening/sort of elitist way
but if you have not yet looked at the wkpp site for configuration advise, tap it into the search engine, it is well worth a look, and has been well tested.
All the best, Malcolm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts