YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'll be looking to purchase a twin set and wings at the back end of this year but my question is regarding regulators. I dive with Apeks regs (TX100, TX40 octo & TX40 on  a stage bottle) and would like to continue with Apeks if possible. However, the Apeks reg doesn't have a air feed from the left side - how would I mount both regs over my right shoulder and is it advisable to do so? I have a neck bungee and guess it could be used. The other method I have seen is with DIR divers who attach clips the each reg and then clip/unclip them as required. What are your thoughts?

Regards

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Best way - mount primary reg on right twin (as they are positioned on your back) and mount back up reg on left but it comes across the left behind you and bungies around your neck..if it's necklaced correctly you just have to dip your head and it's in your mouth and facing the correct way.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks - thats what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure. I am loath to use a different reg (superstitious maybe?) as I am so comfortable with my Apeks. Will have to get a longer hose as Apeks regs are notorious for having short hoses (or is it just me??)

Cheers Ammers

Regards

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

yeah I'm on the same rig, 100 with 40 backup, #### good regs. Know what you mean about the hoses, I have the 2 metre hose on the primary and then it comes around my neck so I can deploy lots of hose if I need to in OOA.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

After spending the last 2 nights reading everything I can get my hands on about DIR diving, I can see who's an advocate of at least some of the concepts.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts, both positive and negative Ammers

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Dave, good guess - you are indeed correct that I am a DIR advocate. In order to give you a good accurate answer on the good, the bad and the ugly in DIR, please respond with your email address as it will be a long one. If people don't mind, then I can post it on the forum? Also, good websites to check out... http://www.dis-uk.org , http://www.halycon.net , http://www.gue.com amongst others. When I get more time I will post more info.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ammers,

You can get my email just by clicking on the little icon above my message, but I think that everyone should benefit from your input, might I suggest therefore, that you post your response into the DIR thread that Andy has previously started in the 'Surface Interval' forum

I'm certainly looking forward to it, so please make it as long and as detailed as you like.  A tip, this is from bitter experience... typing in this little message window is a major no-no if you intend to write a lot... I lost a load of work one night as my system crashed and I couldn't retrieve it, so now If I know I'm going on a major rant and intend to type a looooooong one, then I use Word, save it regularly and then cut & paste the finished product into the small message window.....

Regards
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Ammers on 11:57 am on Mar. 8, 2002
If people don't mind, then I can post it on the forum?
<span =''>
Please feel free to post whatever you want Ammers - thats what its here for!

Regards

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Hi, I will post the DIR info into the surface interval forum then, saves duplicating a thread / subject matter in two places. Will post it when I get time early next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts