YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not so new member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Evening all,

Thats it really, I've done a search and found no mention. I have one atm and been offered one cheap secondhand, they seem to make a nice neat package on the back of my backplate but those I've asked (who've never actually tried it) says they probably won't balance very well and will be top heavy.  Has anyone ever tried this, obviously there's a limit to how low they can be made to hang.

Thanks

G

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

It can be top heavy, but that depends on how far up you set them and how much weights you use. I have a pair of Fabers like that rigged on an OMS set up. I'm only 5ft6 and I had to lower the bands down to raise the tanks. I was left with no space fot the boots but thay are not off balance. Having said that if I over inflate my wing (100Lb) that would tend to push me a bit forward. If I inflate enough to get my chin <>10cm above the water I'll still be OK.

Don't forget some use trim weights too. I never bothered.

Take care

Lawrence

·
Not so new member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Lawrence, I was worried about the balance. I am sure its posibble to get it right for diving but there's also the face up position on the surface to consider.  I'll bear your comments in mind (I'm not too bothered about losing the boots either) and I guess I'll just have to try it and see if it works for my size and shape, at least nobody has said 'NO NO NO!!'

Thanks again

G

(Edited by DorsetDiver at 4:10 pm on Jan. 31, 2003)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts