YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'm going to twin up a pair of Faber 232 steel 7's with an isolation manifold, probably from Agir Brok.

I was thinking of going for a manifold that was suitable for twinning up 10/12 litre cyls as in the future, I can convert the 7's back to single valves for stage bottles.

This would, of course, make the 7's further apart leaving a gap down the middle which is fine as I can slip a canister / flag down there with maybe some extra lead too. Bands I'll have custom made anyway so no problems there (they will be mounted to a Buddy Profile TD).

Your opinion and advice would be welcome.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi,

as far as S/Pro manifolds go (and they are the same kind of thing as the Agir ones) the narrow size you would normally use for 7's is really the correct size for 12's anyway. The wider manifolds are really intended for 15's and 18's. My wife has a set of 7's with an S/Pro manifold and SDS custom made bands. These have the narrowest manifold centre section (which came from my 12's - I got a wider one to fit my Highland bands which turned up too wide!) and there is still quite a gap between the tanks. 7's are pretty narrow tanks.

HTH

Mark.

PS. Both the S/Pro and Agir manifolds are also modular.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

MDE manifolds are modular, you can swap the bits about for different cylinders

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts