YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone here (Woz or Andy the Commie, can't remeber which) has a Buddy Trident and uses Twins with it. They told me how to modify the backplate to take the bolts but I forgot.

Can you tell me again.....pleeeze.

ps...just got myself twin 10s with MDE manifold.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
If its the same backplate as on the Tekwing, then what I did was to drill the holes, the location is marked by indents, to take CD mushroom headed 'bolts' actually they are really nuts, which are larger in diameter than the standard band bolts. Woz sells something similar too. They have internal threads which screw onto the bolts/studs that pass through the stainless bands, assuming you arent running indies. The indent centres are not at the standard dimension, so you may have to move your bands closer together, leave the top one where it is (by the neck) and slide up the lower one. Alternatively if you run indies then use buddy soft cam bands.

I find 10's a little short for me and need a tail weight to achieve good trim, I run my Beaver 10's inverted as they trim very nicely like that, they are slightly longer than Faber 10's. They al;so sit better on the tubes of a Rib on the valve cage.

HTH
Matt

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Matt. Though I think the original idea was to replace the band bolts with longer ones. But the drill the backplate idea was right. I will have a look over the weekend (tomorrow out here).

I have used a pair of indie 10s before with the jacket and the twinning cam bands without a problem. They sit on the seat with the BC on my shoulders. These 10s look a little longer.....we shall see :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts