YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Personally, I think if you're going to dive twins it makes a lot of sense to dive nitrox. In fact, it makes sense for anyone to dive nitrox. It's a safe gas, and used properly, can make diving a whole lot better and easier. The difference in how tired I am after diving is sufficient for me to justify the cost. I can go for a dive inthe morning, and work all afternoon if I have to. This wasn't possible before. I always used to sleep especially after 2 or 3 dives in a day.

If you don't have a nitrox ticket, get one soon. TDI courses are available after entry level training, and you'll get a good knowledge of the gas as well as diving it a fair bit. I see nitrox as one of the first things to reccomend to people, right after O2 admin and rescue skills.

I effectively have as many sets as I like, as the uni club has a lot of tanks available to me, but non e are O2 clean, so I tend to use my twins for any deeper diving where the advantage of the gas makes a big difference for me. If it's inconvenient to top off the twins, I can use a club tank or twin them up. Works nicely for me, but it's always air in them.

Hope this helps

Digs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.