YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

hello, i have some twinset-related questions (and i expect there will be more!)

i'm in the process of buying twin sevens, which i will dive independently (for now)

i've got an apeks reg for my right cylinder, all well and good.
i've also got a scubapro reg which i want to put on my left cylinder, coming over my left shoulder.

the reg is a Mk25 R380, and when i was working for a dive shop in sydney i helped service that type of reg. during that time i was shown how to swap the hose to the other side of the second stage, so it could be used coming over the left shoulder.

thing is, i don't remember quite how to do it! i think there were a few things that weren't very intuitive, so i don't want to just charge in and try to remember it as i go along.... so, my questions are:

1) can anyone tell me, or direct me to the correct procedure?

2) do i have to use the special 'scubapro servicing tools' that i was using before, or can i use normal tools without messing it up?

in answer to the obvious question, i have emailed the dive centre in sydney, but they're being a bit slow getting back to me!

also, feel free to throw in any suggestions/opinions/hints on twinsetting, manifolding, long-hosing and all the other stuff that people love talking about.... should make it interesting anyway  

thanks!
kate

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Why do you want a left-feeding reg?

Far less hassle to have it come round from the right..

·
hmmm.. open circuit revisited...
760 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>Hi Kate,

Can't help you re the s'pro rebuild, but..

"i've got an apeks reg for my right cylinder, all well and good.
i've also got a scubapro reg which i want to put on my left cylinder, coming over my left shoulder."

I don't think you need to rebuild the reg either. As Dominic said, you would be much better off just routing the left reg behind your neck and going over your right shoulder. You can fit the reg hose to the end port on the MK25 so the routing is nice and clean.

Take care

Anke

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

For independents I found a left handed reg was great. You put them on a double necklace and changing is simplicity itself.

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

hiya, thanks for your replies.

i want a left-hand reg because it seems simpler - one reg, gauge and direct feed on one side, and the same on the other side. it appeals to my sense of order anyway  

of course, if anyone can give me a good reason not to have it that way, then i'm ready to listen......?

kate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts