YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Me and Fi are just back from Egypt and my leg wound is a bit ickky , I'm knackered and Fi can't get Monday off work so were looking for a couple of folk to join the merry band of YDers diving the sound out of Lochaline this weekend. (if you haven't been before, take a look at the trip report from September - it was a really great weekend).

The gig is as described below but to paraphrase the arrangements are. Meet in Lochaline on Friday night, dive Sat, Sunday, Mon - if you can't do Monday then we can sort sommat out. Price of £115 covers accomodation, diving and the entertaining services of Mr K and his tequila swiggin' ways.

The Sound is not the most difficult place to dive but sea experience is essential.

If no-one wants to jump in - me and Fi will go but would rather give some others the chance.

PM - for more info - I will be very sad to miss but descretion is the better part of valour and all that.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Pretty much as above, but it's £105 for the weekend.

Peter

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

Oooh, seen the long range forecast?
 It might even have to Loch Fyne this weekend if it is right. the Sound should be OK but forget going outside,  Southerly gales a-coming

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I can verify that Gav's leg wound is, like , you know, totally gross dude, so probably wise not to be diving on it, especially as Gav has revealed his intrinsic Southern Shandy-drinking tendencies by diving with a hood on in 27 degree water
Ya big Jessie!

Chee-az
Steevil

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Jeez, thanks for that Rupert. in case you havn't noticed, we're trying to "convince" people to go not put them off.

People-Rupert's talking sh*te. I've seen the weather forcast and make sure you bring your bikinis with you. Even if it is cold and wet, at least we've somewhere to hang our jackets off to dry then

Peter

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

I did say the Sound would be all right

You have the advantage of already being there, I was hoping to hop across the Firth but don't fancy it if the winds come.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Bring your rowing boat across to Lochaline if you wish. I'm sure there will be room at the Inn for you.

Peter

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Gavs just chicken coz he knows Im coming up now on the other boat and hes scared of a bit of piracy on the straits of mull.
Been making my skull and crossbones flag and everything.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Gav & Peter.

Beckys going to check with work tomorrow to see if she can have a day off, however even with one weekday off we will only be able to dive two days.

If she can have friday off we'll drive up friday and drive back sunday after diving.
If she can have monday off we'll drive up sat dive Sun & mon.

l'll let you know tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Dude,
          Would getting a few hours kip on the Friday evening, travelling up overnight and getting the first ferry on Sat AM not be an option. This way you'ld get 3 days diving. Just an idea!!!

Peter

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Just spoke to Becks about that, maybe meet you guys midday sat but we would need to leave midday ish monday for the bas***d 2,000 mile drive back, but it all depends on what her boss says  tomorrow, AND if the dive boat leaves lochaline after the rugby on Sunday.  

You must support England now that the ***** are out.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

No problem Dude. I can work the dives round so that we pick up or drop you off at Lochaline when you need. Saturday will be the Hispania and Thesis I suspect. I've not decided about Monday yet, but I'll be able to hash something up for you. Even if it means you using the current to drift back to Lochaline from Tobermory.

Peter

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Would love to join you but I'm James Hunt'd with a cold at the mo....

Aaargh! Diving leper!

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>how come every time I go to the end of the earth they call scotland to dive in the excuse they have for a sea....... there is always a [email protected]*kin gale warning.

i am jonah.

No wonder the romans left and built a wall.

There must be a reason for scotland...... answers on a postcard to the usual address.

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Come on you lot.  SOMEONE must be interested in these places??!!

I am sure we can sort something out on the finances to make it worth your while!!!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ben @ Nov. 12 2003,22:39)]how come every time I go to the end of the earth they call scotland to dive in the excuse they have for a sea....... there is always a [email protected]*kin gale warning.
It has been flat calm up here all week but everybody is battening down the hatches for the weekend as the first gale of the winter is due.
 I'm for some indoor activities this weekend I think

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

The reports have been variable all week, the Met office is forecasting both 45mph westerlies at the same time as 10mph Southerlies. Take your pick! this is latest warning from met office............

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Severe Gales affecting Northern Scotland, Eastern Scotland, South West Scotland, Northern Ireland, North West England, North East England, The Midlands, Wales and South West England.
Issued by the Met Office at 09:30 on Thursday, 13 November 2003.
For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office.
Transmitted by the Met Office. at 09:41 on Thursday 13 November

A deep depression passing close to Northern Ireland tonight and crossing Scotland on Friday will bring very strong winds and periods of heavy rain to many western and northern areas. Strongest winds will affect Wales, northwestern parts of England, and southwest Scotland this evening and tonight, then Northern Ireland, northern England, and central and southern Scotland during Friday. Gusts will reach 70-80mph in places, and tonight perhaps as high as 90mph in exposed coastal areas around the Irish Sea. Damage to trees is likely with possible uprooting, and some damage to buildings can be expected. Driving conditions will become difficult or dangerous and motorists are advised to take extra care, with high-sided vehicles at risk of overturning. In addition, heavy rain across Northern Ireland and southwest Scotland may lead to localised flooding.

Should have passed over pretty much by late saturday/sunday but have to say that everything will be getting tied down pretty well by tonight. The sound should still be diveable as long as the winds stay round to the south and don't come too far round to the West or East. We sit in a small microclimate due to all the mountains round us so what is forecast doesn't always happen the way it is supposed to so don't panic yet

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fi @ Nov. 13 2003,09:01)]I am sure we can sort something out on the finances to make it worth your while!!!
Err... Fi, err....doth mine eyes deceiveth me? That wouldn't be a Mockurator Plural....sorry....Procurator Fiscal offering a bribe now, would it??  

I can see the headlines now: "YD PF in Bribe Jibe to Dive Tribe!!"

Shocking!  

1 - 20 of 27 Posts