YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I was wondering if someone could settle a discussion over  apex tx and atx DVs.  

Leeds University Dive club (LUUSAC) are buying a load of new regs, and there is some disagreement over how long we will be able to get them serviced for.  I have thought that the internal workings of the atx's were exactly the same as the tx's, just with a smaller casing.  This should mean the servicing for both should be pretty much the same shouldn't it?  Other members think it is worth getting the atx's as the older tx's are being phased out.  Obviously our kit has to last a long time but be cost effective, so we need to get it right while we have money to spend!  

The lady at Apex was non-commital about the issue, so any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Regan Early
LUUSAC Equipment Officer

·
The Voice of his (De)generation
1,418 Posts
Imported post

Dont have a clue about the sevicing differences mate sorry but if it comes down to cost effectiveness then go for the TX range - you can get them for £178 and if your buying several may get a good deal here
whereas the ATX are £233 - thats £55 difference per value
Dinger

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

The ATX have a smaller exhuast doohickey and one extra screw in the cracking control knob. Other than that, they are identical.

Go with TXs.

(I won't mention that Apeks regs can go virtually forever without being serviced, of course)

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]there is some disagreement over how long we will be able to get them serviced for........ think it is worth getting the atx's as the older tx's are being phased out.
meaning that dive centres, after a certain period of time, will start refusing to service TX regs?

speaking for all the TX owners in the UK, i bl**dy well hope not!!  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Don't worry Kate

TXs are so widely-used that parts for them would be manufactured for years to come even if Apeks did replace them with totally incompatible regs.

If you're worried, tho, get a few service kits off Digger, and download the relevant paperwork from My Webpage if you're worried about your ability to fit them

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

The Apeks service kits I get cover all TX/ATX models, you just bin the odd bits that don't apply to the model being serviced.
Does the 15year spares rule not apply here anyway?

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Dec. 08 2003,16:07)]Don't worry Kate

TXs are so widely-used that parts for them would be manufactured for years to come even if Apeks did replace them with totally incompatible regs.

If you're worried, tho, get a few service kits off Digger, and download the relevant paperwork from My Webpage if you're worried about your ability to fit them
thanks, but was joking!

and have a boyfriend to see to all my needs...... for service kits and manuals that is  

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thanks everyone - that was really useful.  I felt very welcome on my first ever post - you were so helpful you might not be able to get rid of me!

Regan

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Regan @ Dec. 08 2003,17:06)]Thanks everyone - that was really useful.  I felt very welcome on my first ever post - you were so helpful you might not be able to get rid of me!
you've been sucked in!

mua-ha-ha-ha!

from this day forth, your work will remain unattended and your friends will be offended by your email silence and eventually give up on you altogether - for you have entered the yorkshire divers vortex!

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

The Apeks factory is pretty close to me and I have been a couple of times and met a few of the people running it. They have assured me on previous occasions they are dead set on sorting customers and yes, most of the internal components are identical and will be available for years.

James

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

If you are looking for prices, Kent Diving (www.kentdiving.com) sell the ATX40 for £189 with the DST or around £170 with the DS4.

I got an ATX40, DST + DV with ATX40 Octo + console and bag for £280 from then last year.

Hope this helps

Conor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts