YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well what a weekend.  4 dives all wrecks.  The Eston, Eugene Chandris/Oslofjord, Pandora and the Wittington(?).

All good interesting wrecks with lots to see.  The weather was superb, the sea was flat calm.

After meeting up with Digger(he's ok really!!) and his pal (paid for by Digs on direct debit!) we then bumped into Paul C and Marco.

We got our gear sorted and had some really good dives.  Congers, big cod, pollock?, and much more.

Oh, and I found a porthole....

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

Which was only beaten by Diggers find..

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

however, captain crack (he's one of ours too!)  came up with this pair of winners!!

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

So it was a jolly good weekend.  Soon to be repeated I hope.

sick of typing now so Digger, you'll have to add to this when you get home to your stinkin, student laimo hovel!!!

G

·
Imported post

Nice to meet you guys yesterday. Remember Andy, any wally can find a ruddy great porthole but finding the small stuff takes real skill!

The last wreck was H.M.S. Witherington.

Take care!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

And I went and did the 55 on Monday morning. And came back with a piddly little crab that was looking for a fight. So I sent it on an SMB. And then threw it back. What a story it'll have to tell its mates.

Andy, you look far too cheerful in that photo. OK, you didn't stop smiling after you found the thing, but diving is a serious business, and I think my stern approach is much more appropriate. Too much fun had by all, certainly.

Got to reccomend Scott and Deep Blue for an all-round good performance, no hassles, onto the wreck bang on every time, and happy to let us arse around doing whatever we wanted to. Like staying in the water for an hour and twenty on the third dive!!!

Have you got that photo of me, the anchor and crowbar, with liftbags in tow? We were going to stick that on our club website. Well, I was, to show the club what our DO gets up to when he's not being watched...

Anyway, more to follow, but I need sleep.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

So is Digger the ugly git in the ND drysuit and crowbar?

If so he looks a lot older than 21

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

yep thats Digger.

Bloody hell!! I've jsut realised how similiar cap'n crack is to our very own Davey Willo.  Although crack is on the better looking side.

Dave?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Bit older than 21? I'm only 20! Well, it's been said before. I look like an old get.

Anyone else noticed that all the boys on the weekend seem to have a rather short cut going on top? Except, of course, for the dapper Marco.

I want to see the photo of us on the anchor line. That should be a good shot. Unless, of course, the cameraman has arsed it up!!!

And that ND drysuit has a lovely "Marie-Anne" inscription on the right breast. In pink. Bloody women. You take them diving, they have to put pink writing on things. She's a commercial diver, too. Nightmare.

Did I mention I found a reel and goody bag intact on the bottom too? Basically, I think I've paid for  my diving in bits of kit I found on the bottom. Reel, bag, crowbar, big f-off anchor, baby crab, andy's twinset. Oh yes. I didn't get andy's twins off him. Next time, maybe. Then I can take those valve guards off and turn them back the right way round!!! Oh dear, I think I've started another ruck...

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

this what you want?

as for wrestling my twins off me.. hmmm sounds like another sub aqua fight Digs my boy. You man enough for that?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Well, I was man enough the first time, except for you whacking my head and tanks into a wreck.

Where the hell's that hose going? Looping all over the place. I'll have to do something about that. Mighty unprofessional. Almost sloppy, in fact.

Look at us. Like a walking advert for Cyklons. And bloody hell the colours on my wing are a bit on the bright side!

I'm not so sure about sticking that on the club website. Seems to be a bit of "How not to route your hoses" summed up in one photo.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Enjoyed the pics Gang

Agree with Andy2tanks who's cloning Dave Willo's
Is this Daves  cunning plan to get extra diving under an assumed name?

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Andy,
    I take it you'll be going back for rest of your porthole!  

Ain't it a pisser when the bast*rds nick the easy bits  

We've even had just the locking-nuts nicked off some of the ones on the Dakota?
?
Looks like a great time was had by all  

I.m only jealous..... into 4th week of compulsory babysitting/working overtime to pay for days off babysitting...... not a single dive...... and now the weather's going tits..........  
 I might just have to resort to a Quar

G

·
Imported post

I am touched that you all think I'm as good looking as Willo, but I can assure you that I am not a clone - I could never DIR for a start!

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Absolutely, I spent ages trekking round for the rest of the porthole.  Aaah well, gift horse an all that.

So its not just me that thinks crack and willo are one and the same.  Maybe Davey has seen the error of his ways and gone under a pseudonym so he can dive properly without losing face!!!!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andy2tanx @ Aug. 24 2003,20:27)]After meeting up with Digger(he's ok really!!)
I dare you to say that again after you've seen him in action with the nubile young freshers after having had a few. I do believe the club is issuing warning along with the welcome packs this year.  

please post the pic of Chris and digger with anchor etc, we already know Chris says "do as I say not do as I do", it would atleast be nice to see the spoils  

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

the pic above is that pic, sadly, the anchor was very shy and sank below the pic as i took it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Cap'n Crack is my dad's long lost love child hence the resemblance, but his mam moved down south and therefore he lost that manly northern touch... pity really cos he's not a bad lad for a softy southerner....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts