YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ok - Andy2tanx and I are diving with Deep Blue Dive Centre on the 23/24th August (Bank Holiday weekend) - all are welcome to join up. Their boot is entirely unbooked that weekend (so far) so to book your space, call

0191 296 0218 and book your place (max 10 divers)

Regards

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Jay,

I think you should turn this into another YD Troop Gig mate! Will they provisionally hold the hardboat (RIB?) places for a few days so we can gather names??  

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Wot!!!!!

You happened to find an empty boat for the whole of the August bank holiday weekend and didn't provisionally book it for YD... (shrieks in horror) what were you thinking man.... you can't call it a 'YD Bank Holiday Trip' and only stick yerself on it..

I'm shocked and dismayed at this failure in your duty as head honcho to guarantee you devoted members a crackin weekend of diving together on one boat.... tsk tsk

Go stand in that corner and have a serious word with yerself.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I have found an empty boat and told you all about it so its up to you lot to book your places NOW!! I'm damned if I'm paying for a full boat if only 4 people turn up. The option is the same - there are spaces available on it so if people are SERIOUS about wanting space then they can reserve it today

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

OK, If you remember I posted a thread oh here about diving the wrecks of the Oslofjord and the Chandris on the same weekend as this trip (the Bank Holiday of the 23rd & 24th August) and the team sheet looked like this at last count:

1 * Bren Tierney
2 * Andy2Tanx
3 * Alistair
4 * Stevie Walker
5 * Liz ('Wor Lass')
6 * Wee Ben (that's if he's not in Scapa?!)
7 * Louigi
8 * Driftwood
9 * Paul C
10 * The Lesser-spotted Willo
11 * Marco Botros
12 * Jay Bolt

Total = 12

* Possibles:

Rasilon

So, please consider this new thread by Jay the supercedent to my Oslofjord post. We'll let one whither on the vine and now use this thread for all the YD action for that weekend.

Can I pleas ask that all those named above reconfirm whether they are still in the frame for a place on the boat?? Please post HERE, on this thread, as this is a 'call Deep Blue and book yaself on it' gig rather than the usual 'boat booked, let's have ya names'.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I'm on it deffo.  And so is Jay.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Any more for any more?? Team List for this gig currently looks like this:

Deffo's:

1. Jay Bolt
2. Andy2Tanx
3. .............?

Possibles:

Marco Botros
................?

Unless of course you other guys have phoned up to book yourself on the boat and not posted here?? IS this a RIB or a hardboat this weekend??

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

RIB - kit on the boat outside the shop, rv on the beach (free parking all day if early enough) then wrecks of out choice (providing we number sufficiently on the RIB), SI on the beach admiring the views and then back out for round two.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I am going to be in cornwall with the kids otherwise I would have been there boys...believe me! enjoy
Jules

·
Registered
60 Posts
Imported post

I am definitely on for that weekend.
By the way does any body have any recommendation about the accommodation in that area?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

OK, me and my DO are coming. When I phone Deep Blue. Thought I'd bring someone responsible.

Accommodation is a problem for me too. I've got a big old tent, but I can't see a lot of places to pitch it near there! I'll ask the dive centre if they can help maybe.

Anyone got a rough cost for this weekend planned? See, I'm a tight-arsed student-type.

What time is the RV? I'm just thinking about whether I drive up dead early on the Saturday, or make it a proper weekend away!!

Digs.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

So current YD Team Sheet for this gig looks like this:

1 * Jay Bolt
2 * Andy 'Tanx-a-Deux'
3 * Marco Botros
4 * Digger
5 * Digger's DO
6 * .............??

Any more for any more??

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I've just had the accommodation list through from Deep Blue. If anyone wants a copy, send me an e-mail and I'll forward it to you. I'm at [email protected]

I've got to check it with the DO, but looks like we're laughing.

The guy at Deep Blue did raise a concern that we would all be diving twins. He said that if we were all twintastic (ie 10s and 12s) we'd only be able to put 9ish on the boat, and that the rest of us would have to meet the cost. Hmm. Now, I'm on twin 7's, so I'm laughing, but are you boys all on big sets? You might want to think about that one.

Cost he quoted me was £25 a day. Seems fair. Now, to find some cheap accommodation...

I like the sound of the caravan park, though. They do an economy van that apparently sleeps 8 for 257 for 3 or 4 days. That's £32 each. Maybe it's worth a few of us chipping in? I'll call the caravan place tomorrow to try and get a price for Friday and Saturday nights, and see what happens with the diferent sized vans. I'll try and find out if they have a campsite bit I can put my mansion of a tent up in, too. It's huge. Eurocamp style.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

OK. Didn't know what sort of price we were looking at. Seems fair to me.

Is it just the 5 of us so far? The guy said that he had 5 spaces left, and I don't know if that included me and DO. He said if the boat wasn't filled, he'd have no trouble filing it last minute with locals. Mind you, I think I'd pay a few quid extra to keep the riff-raff off the boat. Oh bugger, we're already on it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts