YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us took a trip down to west Dork last weekend and Im only posting about it now(sorry Ken)
The original plan with Rianne was to do the Kowloon Bridge on the Saturday morning and then a shallower dive in the afternoon
Then try to get out to the U260 either on Sunday morning or the afternoon
As it turned out there were some divers from London there all week and they had done the stern of the Kowloon Bridge on Friday so we were told we would do the sub on Saturday morning
It was a late start cos we had to wait on slack water and that was half two.
We splashed in and me and my buddy had no trouble getting down the shotline and not too far to the sub
We had decided on fifteen minutes bottom time and then start to ascend but the viz for some reason wasnt great and just as i turned to say it was time to get off the sub i lost my buddy so i stayed on the sub cos i knew he would hang around for a minute or two looking for me,he soon came along but we had lost time to look for the shotline so we ascended and did all our stops mid water
The depth is 45 metres and our total time was 77 minutes
The second wreck was the Dido with a charted depth of 18 metres although it was about 22 when we arrived there.We had to decant from a 12 litre so we had only 70 or 8- bar going in so it was always going to be a short dive in the end we only did 35 minutes
The following day was a bad one so we were told we wouldnt get to the Kowloon Bridge, the first dive was the Kedges Reef which isnt a bad scenic dive with the depth is around 35 metres there wasnt much to see where we were although others reported dogfish so we just practiced shutdowns and OOA situations, we called the dive after 55 minutes
There were only two of us on the 2nd dive which was Whale Rock this is a nice spot with lots of gullies average depth is about 25 metres although we had to decant again so the dive was only 47 minutes
Id recommend Aquaventures to anyone they are a nice couple Jerry is a great skipper and Rianne is a great cook (homemade bread yum yum)
Heres a pic of the periscope on the U260 and me getting off the lift on the boat and my buddy doing the same
Aquaventures Dive Centre, Baltimore, West Cork, Ireland
All the best

·
WHOO HOO...look free mask and smorkel thingy.....
1,647 Posts
jasus dave you could have cleand some of the crap off the peri :embarassed:

only joking good to see u did it did u see the damage the mine did at the front
is that johnathin with u

·
Makes most sense when narked/drunk
331 Posts
A few of us took a trip down to west Dork last weekend
Ah, nothing like a good weekend's diving in West Dork :teeth: .

Seriously though, I have a weekend booked with them for July 7-8th on the hard boat, dying for it now! Haven't used the hard boat before, only the RIB. Will be nice to get the U260 on the RB as opposed to the twins! I've had varying viz on it, from 2m to 25m viz at different weekends!
Let me know if you fancy joining us in July.

·
moving like a parallelogram
124 Posts
Can you still dive the K.Bridge???

Thought it had been bought up for salvage.

Amazing wreck though, dived it with Aquaventures about 5 years ago.
Glad you enjoyed it.

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah they are talking about salvaging it alright theres a petition to keep it for divers on t'internet somewhere
I think ill be in sunnier climes when youre diving it Eoin but thanks for the offer
Will you be diving the minihaha that weekend as well?

·
Makes most sense when narked/drunk
331 Posts
Will you be diving the minihaha that weekend as well?
Nah, as I only did the MOD1 in April this year I reckon the Minniehaha would be pushing it on an air dil!!
One day though.....:angel:

Let me know if you have any more weekends planned and we'll meet up, seeing as you're only a few miles up the road from me.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
About time :teeth:

Are you working thursday evening? Could be a special project not to be missed. Big lift bag involved & I need a buddy.

Thanks Ken

·
00.00 hrs
905 Posts
About time :teeth:

Are you working thursday evening? Could be a special project not to be missed. Big lift bag involved & I need a buddy.

Thanks Ken
Bloody hell Ken why can't you leave the Kowloon Bridge where you found it!!! I was planning to go down there in a few weeks time and if it is not there I will be very upset!!

Regards
Midnight

Reactions: 861-218
1 - 11 of 11 Posts