YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I was sat on the lo..................... never mind, suffice to say I was playing 'anagrams' on my dictionary/crossword widget when the word Schottische came up. I was unaware of this word and had to look it and ............. it is an old German type of dance!

Well, is it me or is there some obvious link to our Caledonian Cousins? No? Well, for those that don't see it, the clue is in the name! :)

I thought our remaining link to the Germanic state(s) was the Royal Family but .......... perhaps not?

Anyway, if anyone secretly sees any Orkadians goose stepping and wearing tiny moustaches ....................... ladies, it might be worth a look if there are any kilted Schottischers?

:):):)

Still, I'd rather do the Schottische than bloody Morris Dance!! :teeth:

Schottische - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
There are two kinds of people in the world

Scots, and those who want to be Scots.

:)

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
No, I don't. Do you feel sorry for me?

:)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
no, thats why we built Hadrians Wall.
I didn't know we were Roman?

[EDIT]Actually, whilst you are here, perhaps you would settle an old arguement and tell us what you actually did for us ............ apart from build Hadrian's Wall, that is?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Well, I was sat on the lo..................... never mind, suffice to say I was playing 'anagrams' on my dictionary/crossword widget when the word Schottische came up. I was unaware of this word and had to look it and ............. it is an old German type of dance!

Well, is it me or is there some obvious link to our Caledonian Cousins? No? Well, for those that don't see it, the clue is in the name! :)

I thought our remaining link to the Germanic state(s) was the Royal Family but .......... perhaps not?

Anyway, if anyone secretly sees any Orkadians goose stepping and wearing tiny moustaches ....................... ladies, it might be worth a look if there are any kilted Schottischers?

:):):)

Still, I'd rather do the Schottische than bloody Morris Dance!! :teeth:

Schottische - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is indeed a dance and it is performed by the Scottish Country Dancing people. If you want more detail let me know and I can post you a video.

I think it is a Scottish variaunt of some of the French ballet steps. But used in pairs.

Gary

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi.
It could be worse as well as being Scottish you could also have Ginger Hair!

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
Hi.
It could be worse as well as being Scottish you could also have Ginger Hair!

Strangely arousing...

A have met a couple gwas in recent weeks that have become strangely attractive.

HELP ME!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts