YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.
Issued by the Met Office at 09:50 on Saturday, 24 January 2004.
This is the first update to the early warning issued 09:00 on Friday 23 January 2004.
Much colder weather will spread south across the country Monday through to Thursday, and the Met Office is expecting substantial snowfall in many areas. Accumulations exceeding 10 cm are likely in places with drifting where strong northerly winds develop. It remains difficult to predict where the heaviest falls will occur, but the risk is greater from Tuesday onwards, especially in the east, where there is a risk of exceptionally severe conditions with accumulations of more than 15 cm. Dangerous driving conditions are expected and some untreated roads are likely to become impassable.
For inquires regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office.
Transmitted by the Met Office, at 09:50 on Saturday 24 January

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Yippee! Course in Sussex we never get any bleedin snow, so while you lot are having fun with snowmen etc the best we'll get is a bit of sleet, if we're very lucky a lacklustre 1/2hrs worth of not-trying-very-hard-at-all snow which will turn to slush after an hour or two. Some people have all the fun..

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Good luck and becareful on the roads. It's not a bad idea to keep on eye on the elderly neighbours and see if they need any help. The elderly are the least likely to complain and are the most vulnerable in these conditions.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I hate the snow, cant use the bike in that weather and the salt mucks up the brakes etc. Still at least the kids can have some fun.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's not a bad idea to keep on eye on the elderly neighbours and see if they need any help. The elderly are the least likely to complain and are the most vulnerable in these conditions.
Nice thought Chris.

Matt

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thought our elderly neighbour had died the other day - we came back from work and her curtains were open, and the TV was on, but no lights (it was dark).  Thought she might have been in the other room or something, but made a note.  About 30 mins later i had to go back out to a meeting, and the curtains were the same.  I told my other half that if they were like that when he came back, to go check on her.  
She was sound asleep infront of the TV having had a bad nights sleep!
I have always gritted the paths of my neighbours (most of whom are retired, Northumberland is gods waiting room) and cleared any snow.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Porg,

What was that? You like it deep? The deeper the better? Inches are nice but you'd like a foot?

I really should read the begining of a post instead of just making it up as I go along. Don't show your other half this, it will give him a complex which could manifest as a thaw!!

James

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>nah, if you had a willy a foot long you would faint every time you got a hard on cos all the blood would rush that way....

And I get told IM THE PERVERT!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

A decimetre of snow and minus four Celsius here in Gothenburg today. And our favourite fiord is now completely frozen, so we've nowhere to dive  

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Went out on the bike this morning, only about 10 miles, but felt like the chill had already started!

Juz

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Would have to agree - after a similar distance pedal this morning, couldn't feel my toes...

Did see the funiest thing though.  Last year we got, what?  about an inch of snow down here, maybe a little more.  There's a DIY store in Berko highstreet selling sledges!

dan.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Jan. 25 2004,09:27)]nah, if you had a willy a foot long you would faint every time you got a hard on cos all the blood would rush that way....

And I get told IM THE PERVERT!
I have no idea what you'r talking about??

James  

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

It's definately chillier in Sunny Devon today.  A few of us went for a dive this morning and getting in and out of your suit was the worst bit.  I forgot my undersuit and Mdemons gloves caused the pair of us to whine about how cold it was.  The cafe was shut as well so we had to ponce coffee from the dive shop just to get some feeling back.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

10 degrees mate!  Haven't been that cold for ages...

Just about to take the proverbial 'cos we never get any decent snow here in Devon - then i remembered i'm working in Derbyshire this week!  

Better take my thermals...

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Do i pee you all off and show you a pic of the weather and the divers here in Dover this weekend ?

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Ok ok, it has started - we have MAJOR frost here.  Forecast snow for later today.  Im goin to dig me sledge out

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

I think ill join the wimpering on the weather brigade..
Its raining and has been for the last 2 days.. Darn it, and the lawns will grow ever so much faster.
However it has been on the nippy side, 22 degrees
Steve:D

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

We'd clear blue skies today. It was a bit crispy in the air though, so I stuck a jumper on over my T-shirt.

Peter

1 - 20 of 50 Posts