YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmm
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a UK D4R. Can i put 4 x D cells in this if needed? (like when i go camping and have no access to power to charge it up).

It says so on the box, but plainly you cannot as they are no connection "plates" to join the 4 batteries together. The manual shows these for the non-rechargeable version. Do i need to buy these seperately?

One of the reasons for buying this torch was that i could either recharge or use batteries when away from the mains...

Daniel.

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
You have to buy two plates to enable use of ordinary battries, i think they cost max £10

·
Mmmmmmmm
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmmm, thought that might be the case. Any idea who might stock them (i'm thinking internet site). I got the torch from Divers Warehouse, but no "plates" to be found on there?

I'll have a search, just wondered if anyone already knows...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Be careful if you plan to use the torch out of water.

I'd read elsewhere that the reflector can melt if the torch is used out of water. When my C8 arrived (not the rechargeable version) the instructions did not warn of this, so I carefully tested it out - within ten minutes the reflector got really hot and if I had left it switched on the silver bit would definitely have come away from the plastic. All this despite the fact I was using rechargeable cells (lower voltage, 1.2 volts) so it should have been *cooler* if anything.

I had also planned to use the torch camping but doesn't look like this is an option for me. I guess it would be worth making sure yours doesn't do the same just in case...

CC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts