YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well, been on "the other forum" for a while, but eventually made it here!

Qualified Ow last July, and have done 23 dives since then, 5 of which were in Egypt). have started my AOW (done Dry and Deep) and will (I HOPE!) have the other 3 done by the time I go to Hurghada in march.

i live in Shepperton near Staines, and the one thing I really need is.....

A decent buddy who doesn't mind taking a newbie under their wing to sort me out! Now that I nearly have all my own kit (just looking for regs - see equipment thread), i need some help in making sure i can use it all properly, like DSMB's etc and basically being a good, safe and confident diver!

If anyone feels like helping - let me know! I plan to dive at least 2 weekends a month.

Steve

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Evening Steve,

I think Mattbin is around there somewhere, not certain though. Wraysbury crops up a lot...

Have a looked at Planned Trips, and see if you can get to Stoney on 21 Feb, there are several threads. There will be about 100 of us! Finding a buddy in that lot not likely to be a problem, given notice.

Adrian

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well-in Steve mate.

A warm welcome to YD and hope we see you on a dive with us soon.

Get your name down in the Need a Buddy forum and try and get yourself along to the Stoney Cove gig in Feb (see Planned Trips). It''l be a good opportunity to meet all your future YD Buddies and maybe pick a regular one!

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Ah, the name seems familiar!  Welcome to YD!  Don't abandon the ukdivers, though!

dan.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Wouldn't dream of it mate!

It was actually the "other, other forum" that I was referring to!

Steve

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD Mr Waanadivenotwork!   Have you thought about joining a local BSAC club?   We are very close by at Guildford.   Check out Guildford BSAC Website   It has been down since Saturday but should be back up soon.

We have two ribs and a very active diving calendar planned for 2004 which really kicks off with our Easter trip to Cornwall.   We usually have a least 50 divers down there.   Plus its our annual dinner dance at Farnham Castle (Medieval Banquet) 31st January, taking the ribs out for a run 8th Feb for fish and chips on the Isle of Wight, boat handling course coming up soon, etc. etc.   We meet every Tuesday evening.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

Hi Steve, and welcome!

There seem to be quite a few divers in the Surrey/SW London area - I'm in Guildford myself.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Hi Steve, are you Steve Hall? If so we swapped some emails a while back.

Tom (in Mitcham)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Tom

The one and the same. Which is very handy as I lost the emails i saved from you! As soon as I A) get my dry suit or B) it gets warmer (I'll dive a semidry at 10 degrees - but not less!) perhaps we can hook up?

SteveW - I'm not migrating - just flapping my wings more!!

Steve

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Steve,

Welcome to YD. I can't claim to be called Steve or live anywhere near Staines. But my middle name is Stephen and My Georgous Girlfriend Josie is from West Byfleet/Horsham/Guilford if that helps

Get to Stoney in Feb 21st as Papa Smurf (Bren) says. You'll have no problem meeting potential buddies there. In fact you'll probably have to beat them off with a shxtty stick

Have fun and hope to meet up if where diving the same YD gig soon?

Dave C

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

I can't help in that neck of the woods, but if I ever need extra air carried for me I'll give you a shout!

Only kidding, Your need is greater than mine.

Welcome to the board.

James

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Steve
welcome mate, sorry about the late entry only just seen your intro.
I am from Herts, us southerners must stick together.
Currently I am a bit crocked but I'll get that out the way soon as, not diving related, unless you call moving a fridge dive related.
Be happy to hook up with you for a splosh, Wraysbury or Stoney (you do know of Stoney dont you). There are as Bren says a few of us going that way on the 21st and I'm sure you'll get buddied with someone if that's what you are looking for. I am buddying up with 2 others for that at the moment and if its OK with them you are welcome to make it a 4, I might have to cry off and that would make it a three, so long as the others are OK with that do you fancy it?

Matt

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

ppst Matt

Herts? anywhere near Rickmansworth, just out of idle curiosity (the only kind of curiosity I exhibit)

moray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts