YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"??
3,737 Posts
They work by firing ultrasonic sound waves at the object being cleaned. When these waves impact on the article they create bubbles by cavitation. It's the bubbles that lift the dirt off.

G.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
What!!!!..... you mean an anti-snore pillow works by firing ultrasonic sound waves at the head. When these waves impact on the nasal cavity they create bubbles by cavitation. It's the bubbles that shut the noisey fecker up ?

·
Proud to be "small minded" in the face of credulit
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What!!!!..... you mean an anti-snore pillow works by firing ultrasonic sound waves at the head. When these waves impact on the nasal cavity they create bubbles by cavitation. It's the bubbles that shut the noisey fecker up ?
So much confusion - so the regs get cleaned by the little barbs on the feathers in the pillows?

·
MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"??
3,737 Posts
Oh Feck off the lot of you....it was early! :)

·
Not so new member
329 Posts
just got one - they are only 550ml not the advertised 750ml but look big enough for most things I would want to clean

Chris

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
What do you use in these things, i take it some kind of detergent/chemical ?
A dilute citric acid solution works for me. You get the crystals from a pharmacy. You can also buy all sorts of posh aqueous degreasers from the likes of RS if that's what floats your boat. If you go the citric acid route, don't leave things soaking for too long, the chrome starts to disappear

·
Neither grey nor a squirrel.
161 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong and gonna destroy some regs but I've heard half white vinegar/half water works well.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong and gonna destroy some regs but I've heard half white vinegar/half water works well.
It does, but citric acid doesn't leave a vinegary taste.
What he said:)

FYI this is from the Apeks Service manual regarding cleaning fluids

Biox (Cleaning agent) Biological immersion fluid for reusable stainless steel and brass parts.

White distilled vinegar (100 gr.) (Cleaning agent) Acid bath for reusable stainless steel and brass parts.

“Household” grade Liquid dishwashing detergent diluted with warm water (Cleaning agent) Degreaser for brass and stainless steel parts; general cleaning solution for plastic and rubber

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have been using distilled white vinegar and water 50/50 for a few years with no detrimental effect on my gear.

It does, but citric acid doesn't leave a vinegary taste.
Never had that problem, perhaps you should rinse………..

I normally clean with a toothbrush or other implement in hot soapy water (fairy liquid type stuff) to get any crud off.
Rinse and place in ultrasonic bath, run bath a couple of times.
Wash in warm soapy water.
Rinse then examine item for cleanliness and damage.
If damaged repair/replace as appropriate.
If not happy with the cleanliness repeat as above.
Never had to repeat more than once.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 27 Posts