YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Missing the sea!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've been diving with my Waterproof Draco and basic standard clothing underneath, i.e. jogging bottoms, t-shirts and warm jumpers, my resilience to the cold is fairly good but its time to go pro with the water being fairly cold right now :D

I test dived an Oceanic UGI-BEAR suit a few weeks ago which felt good but its quite chunky and not very suitable for wearing when enroute to a dive (as standard clothing) so I'm tempted to try a set of 4th element gear (top and bottoms).

For those that dive a Draco Drysuit or a similar weight/thickness suit, what would you recommend as underclothing?

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Like you I tended to wear normal clothes under the Draco.
Then I got some basic thermals from Blacks when it got a bit colder and found these worked very well too.
However, lately I got some 4th element leggings and top and the difference is instantly apparent(to me anyhow).Really warm, comfortable and easy to don/doff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just bought some 4th Element Artics and used them for the first time a couple of weeks ago under the Draco and found them very comfortable. I also have a Scubapro Climatic (one piece suit) which is also comfortable although a lot more baggy around the arms but will probably revert back to this suit for the warmer months. One point to note with the Artics and depending on your current weighting, you may have to add some more weight (1 - 2 kg) possibly..?

·
Missing the sea!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to update this thread, I ended up with 4th Element Arctic top and bottoms, gave it a try in the quarry last weekend and found myself more than happy with the warmth and comfort that they gave! Interestingly, I needed a LARGE size in top and bottom yet I'm not mahussive (6', 12st)! Useful to note for anyone thinking of ordering them via mailorder.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

·
Are you for scuba?
857 Posts
yet I'm not mahussive (6', 12st)! Useful to note for anyone thinking of ordering them via mailorder.!
Nice one, someone my size too.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Although, Im thinking I may buy some cycling thermals (top and bottoms) only cos I have a shed load of Evans vouchers to redeem from Bike to Work :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts