YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

I'm in the process of buying a 4mm compressed neoprene drysuit (Scubapro Spitzbergen). I'd like some advice as to what thickness undersuit to allow for when checking the fit? To be used for recreational UK diving to max 45m, e.g. hopefully Scapa within the next year or two.

I'm leaning towards a weezle as I've heard lots of good reports, but...
- is a thick undersuit needed in a compressed neoprene suit
- which weezle to go for?

Any advice appreciated,
Dave.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>My mate Miller(band) has a ND  4mm comp neo, IIRC he just wears some thermals and a thin fleecy and is fine with that, I'm 99.9% certain he doesn't own a regular undersuit.
Having said that, he's a Geordie, born and bred  

Chee-z
Steve

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

I use a 5mm compressed O'three and "get away with" just jogging bottoms, thick wooley socks and a sweat shirt with the addition of a wicking layer if I can find it as I leave the house. This is ok to 3/4 degrees.
I do have the advantage of some natural insulation and years of beasting it in a wet suit.  

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I have a 5mm 03 Neo suit and i just use the Fourth element base layour.

I dont think a weezle will work well with that type of suit. I know the 2mm hyper compressed Neo suits work with a weezle but they are virtuly Membrain suits any way.

I would go gor a Fourth Element fro summer diving and add a Thinsulate for the winter.

Mark Chase

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Reed Chillcheater make a suit just like the 4th element one, only much cheaper. Not read any real reviews on it yet, so don't know how good it is..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts