YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please add your links by replying to this thread, I will then update the first posts with those links. Please include a brief synopsis if the link is not displayed correctly.

Underwater Photography Techniques:

Digigreen - Everything about green water photography and more.
Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography - probably the ultimate resource for UW photography

Underwater (General):

DigiFish - The latest Digital Underwater Photography news

Photo Course - A powerpoint presentation on the basics of underwater photography

Underwater Digital Photography - Part 1 (Technology: Digital Cameras: User's Guide) - Videos on how to take underwater photos

Underwater Digital Photography Part 2 (Technology: Digital Cameras: User's Guide) - Videos on how to take underwater photos

Welcome to DigitalDiver.net!

General Photography (Topside):

Pixalo Photography Community - The YD of the photo world

Photoshop Tutorials - Home

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

The Luminous Landscape

TWIPPHOTO.COM

Camera lens tests, user reviews, camera accessory reviews - SLRgear.com!

Software including techniques:

Picasa 3: Free download from Google - Picasa - free, simple to use basic image editing software.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program - Free editing software

Hardware including reviews and tweaks:

General:

digideep.com :: list of all underwater housings suitable for digital photography and videography...

Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ - - A huge database for comparison

Digital cameras, digital camera reviews and best price search - Smallish, but useful price checks and links to suppliers

Camcorders - Independent Camcorder Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons - Camcorder reviews

Housings:

Arms/Trays etc:

Strobes:

Tweaks:

Showcase Sites:

Misc including Magazines:

Underwater Photography web magazine
Aqua Pages | Underwater Journal | Underwater Diving Resources
Underwater Journal

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved

·
This is my happy face!!
2,640 Posts
Please add your links by replying to this thread, I will then update the first posts with those links. Please include a brief synopsis if the link is not displayed correctly.

Underwater Photography Techniques:

Digigreen - Everything about green water photography and more.
Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography - probably the ultimate resource for UW photography

Underwater (General):

DigiFish - The latest Digital Underwater Photography news

General Photography (Topside):

Pixalo Photography Community - The YD of the photo world

Photoshop Tutorials - Home

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

The Luminous Landscape

TWIPPHOTO.COM

Software including techniques:

Picasa 3: Free download from Google - Picasa - free, simple to use basic image editing software.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program - Free editing software

Hardware including reviews and tweaks:

General:

digideep.com :: list of all underwater housings suitable for digital photography and videography...

Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ - - A huge database for comparison

Digital cameras, digital camera reviews and best price search - Smallish, but useful price checks and links to suppliers

Housings:

Arms/Trays etc:

Strobes:

Tweaks:

Showcase Sites:

Misc including Magazines:

Underwater Journal

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
For anyone using Photoshop Lightroom, there's some useful plugins here:
Jeffrey Friedl’s Blog Jeffrey’s Lightroom Goodies (Plugins and Tools)
I mostly use the export plugins, which support direct export from Lightroom to Facebook, Picasa, Zenfolio, Flickr and SmugMug. I'm a happy user of the Zenfolio plugin.

Which brings me to...
Zenfolio | hosting service for photo galleries | a place to learn and enjoy photography
Anther online gallery, but after much searching the one i've decided I like best. I've paid for an unlimited account, but you can get free ones too. Just tag any photos I want to upload in Lightroom and synchronise the two, and it'll upload them including the full folder structure, and any comments, tags, etc I choose.
Edit: Ooooh just noticed I can do referrals too - so if anyone does join, please use referral code RM4-22E-C6T, ta :D

Hope they help :)

David

·
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
1,751 Posts
Been through my bookmarks:

Camera Price Buster - Other Digital SLRs - resource tracking best prices for DSLR kit
Laurie McCanna's complete list of Photoshop tutorials - Photoshop tips (old but useful)
Rob Galbraith DPI: Home - Photographic news including stunning galleries
KenRockwell.com - unbiased reviews on kit and advice on general photography
Gimparoo! - tutorials on GIMP
Photo-Freeware.net - Image Editing Freeware Download Source - Resource for freeware software
Digital Photography School - Digital Photography Tips for You - useful resource for technique
Strobist - Everything you need to know about lighting

Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography
Front Page | X-Ray International Dive Magazine
AfricanDiver.com magazine | Free online scuba diving magazine focussed on Africa
Aquaphot | Underwater photography equipment | service - servicing and repair
Index to Underwater Photography - Underwater photography course (old but good)
Cameras Underwater Info Homepage. - useful guides to underwater photography

UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY - Weight restrictions - Linda Pitkin's Top Tips!

UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY - BSoUP Home page

Regional groups:
Index - Bristol underwater photography group
NUPG.org.uk, The Northern Underwater Photography Group - Northern underwater photography group (Cheshire)
Photosub underwater photography club - Surrey
emup.org.uk - East Midlands Underwater Photgraphers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel dissed that we weren't mentioned in this thread yet, I know we have many, many readers in the UK. :)

Checkout DivePhotoGuide.com.

A portal for the global community of underwater photographers and videographers; Daily articles, news, product reviews, galleries from all the top professional underwater photographers from around the world, underwater photo & video event calendars...

Share the love guys (and gals)

:)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sometime ago I downloaded a set of actions for photoshop that made adjustments to underwater photos really easy. Having done a search recently it appears that the webpage that linked to these has been removed by scubaboards. I have managed to find a backup of these in my archives and have posted them here http://www.tileadhesive.co.uk/bobsautomatic.zip

They enable you to modify a photo from this:

to this:

with just one click.

I know they work with photoshop CS2 and am guessing that they will work with later versions.

To use them you need to copy the .atn file in to directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions assuming that you have installed photoshop to the default location. You may then need to go onto the actions tab, click on the button to load an action (the tiny right pointing triangle on the right of the tab) and load the bob's automatic action.
From the set of actions available I find the autolayers one very useful as this gives you a number of alternatives to choose from.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts