YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let those who like perusing my website, I have updated the look of it and included many more photos including some recent underwater shots and quite a few street photography shots which I have taken over the past couple of years.

I can't believe the difference using an SLR does to reduce the noise in the image. I just need to get used to using the strobes now in the great viz we have in this country, not!! :)

I still haven't sorted out the downloads, contact me or about me sections yet but working on those over the weekend.

As I have only just put the site together, if anyone finds any bugs or anything that shows up unusually, please let me know.

Regards

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
hi ya gareth !
realy nice site indeed and the black and white photos really give that extra something to the photography !
a real pleasure looking !

best wishes leigh :teeth:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
brilliant update, site is nice, although on first visit your portrait images seem to be titled technical diving images however when you click and come back its all sorted :)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brilliant update, site is nice, although on first visit your portrait images seem to be titled technical diving images however when you click and come back its all sorted :)
That is sorted now. Just needed to change one of the headers. Thanks for letting me know.

Really nice pictures there. Just out of curiosity when were u in SUAS?
I am based at Boscombe Down wih my current job and the CFI is a good friend of mine. He asked me to take some pictures for their outgoing boss as a leaving present and one of those in the gallery was the present.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Does anyone know how to change the 'Untitled Document' which is shown at the top of the page as I think I have been through all of the .html pages and changed it to 'Images of Life Photography' but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Regards

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
GLOC said:
Does anyone know how to change the 'Untitled Document' which is shown at the top of the page as I think I have been through all of the .html pages and changed it to 'Images of Life Photography' but it doesn't seem to have worked.
Its your frameset title, not the individual pages.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<frameset rows="*,50" cols="*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
  <frameset rows="1,*" cols="159,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0">
    <frame src="UntitledFrame-13.htm">
    <frame src="top.htm">
    <frame src="navframe.htm" name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>

<frame src="mainframe2.htm" name="mainFrame">
  </frameset>
  <frame src="mainframe.htm" name="bottomFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize >
</frameset>
<noframes><body>
</body></noframes>
</html>

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Fantastic images M8:)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
What Davie said - its the Frame hml page that needs amending.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<frameset rows="*,50" cols="*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frameset rows="1,*" cols="159,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0">
<frame src="UntitledFrame-13.htm">
<frame src="top.htm">
<frame src="navframe.htm" name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>
<frame src="mainframe2.htm" name="mainFrame">
</frameset>
<frame src="mainframe.htm" name="bottomFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize >
</frameset>
<noframes><body>
</body></noframes>
</html>

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I created this in Dreamweaver MX and I have looked at all the .html pages which are in the directory and all of them have 'Images of Life...' in the title section. How do I find out which .html page is the frame page and change that one?

Regards

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I created this in Dreamweaver MX and I have looked at all the .html pages which are in the directory and all of them have 'Images of Life...' in the title section. How do I find out which .html page is the frame page and change that one?

Regards
Having never used Dreamweaver I am not sure, however id suggest the frame set page is probably called index.htm as when you visit your website the web server should locate index.htm as the default page.

Are there no options around the framset , I am tempted to go install dreamweaver to just go look..

EDIT: it is defiantly index.htm

Untitled Document

Sorry cant offer any more :embarassed:

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PM sent Chris.

Nope gone through every html page which sits in the root and they have right words... :(

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Easy fix,
Install filezilla (or any ftp program) FileZilla Homepage - Index

• connect via ftp to your webspace
  • open index.htm in editor or notepad
  • change the code manually and replace the original index.htm
  • job done...
Nope, I know how to do that! :)

I have looked at the files in the local windows explorers, examined them all, and then copied them directly using windows explorer again but still doesn't change anything :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts