YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Brilliant. I've just ordered one. In fact, I've ordered 2 in the vain hope that it might fit my T30. Will add the other one to my TX40 which will be handy when the thing starts to dribble underwater. I was considering Aralditing a similar knob into the hex on the end of the reg but this is a Proper Job.

My TX 40 started off life as a bog-standard reg but is now nailed to an FSR 1st stage and with this knob, is now a proper TX100. Excellent. All for a whopping £6.95.

You now have the Crown as you are now the current King of Knobs.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Fitted it last night and it was sooooooo simple. Works a treat. Have also found out why my TX40 breathes so much better than the club TX40's- it's go the US spec beige balance chamber that allows the reg to open fully rather than the European one that is 2mm longer.
Airspeed Updates

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Graham,

Just a quick query regarding your DIN plugs. Do they have a hole in them so that if there is a gas leak it doesn't suffer from air lock.

I can appreciate the shape makes it easy to remove with a big spanner, but that is a tad inconvenient if it does happen.

Cheers
R

·
Radioactive Diver
250 Posts
Got mine yesterday, not a a bad piece of kit!

However..... I have a number of Apeks regs,so checked it out.If you have an older TX40, look at it side on, inside the venturi adjuster ( the big plastic lever), if you can only see black plastic, then the adjustment knob WILL NOT FIT. This is because the end screw on the barrel fits OVER the end, with an external thread.
If you have a shiny "ring" between the plastic plug with an allen key hole, and the plastic lever, then you are in business!

A great mod, and cheaper than an OE part!

Cheers
Chris

·
Radioactive Diver
250 Posts
A possible improvement- if you did a little screw down the centre with an O ring then you would have the micro-adjuster as found on the ATX/XTX range.
True, but IMHO is a waste of time. No one needs that much fine tuning adjustment. When I did my Apeks service course, we were told that the US spec had more adjustment on the range just to pander to that market, as it was recognised that yanks wanted more to fiddle with!

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Got mine yesterday, not a a bad piece of kit!

However..... I have a number of Apeks regs,so checked it out.If you have an older TX40, look at it side on, inside the venturi adjuster ( the big plastic lever), if you can only see black plastic, then the adjustment knob WILL NOT FIT. This is because the end screw on the barrel fits OVER the end, with an external thread.
If you have a shiny "ring" between the plastic plug with an allen key hole, and the plastic lever, then you are in business!

A great mod, and cheaper than an OE part!

Cheers
Chris
That's like the inside of my T30 (which it won't fit). It's the older unbalanced design from Apeks without the hole up the middle of the doofer that goes into the whotsit with the teeny little O ring.

I hope I have made myself clear.

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
That's like the inside of my T30 (which it won't fit). It's the older unbalanced design from Apeks without the hole up the middle of the doofer that goes into the whotsit with the teeny little O ring.

I hope I have made myself clear.
That'd be the one with the AF hexagonal reciprocating giggle-pin?

·
No longer open water diver
1,319 Posts
i should do more research first.... :D

order incoming....

Al

·
GUE Tech Instructor
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your feedback guys. We didn't realise there would be such interest :)

All mods are possible but come at a cost (ie more machine time) - drill out to reduce weight could be done but would increase cost by 50%. Add fine adjustment - not sure but probably double cost.

Only 5 more left - is it worth making more?

Graham

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
Damn - still haven't recieved mine. Why is the post to Ireland always much longer than to England. It's only 50 miles to the left...:frown:

But so far fantastic service from Graham - quick communication and sent the day after the order.:thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.