YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I got a wierd "will not parse" message instead of the YD banner at the top on the 8 acre thread. All fine now though

·
For some bizarre reason....
6,296 Posts
Have applied a couple of upgrades - if you notice anything thats not working can you report them here please.
Jay, the air con in my car has packed up.......

c'mon, you asked for that

LOL, Paul

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
I've noticed some threads not opening up tried on both IE and firefox also on both vista and XP laptops, Having the same trouble other sites seem fine so i doubt it's my connection and some threads open straight away. Maybe you could look into it Jay

also replying to threads is taking an age to reload yet on other sites straight away

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I've noticed some threads not opening up tried on both IE and firefox also on both vista and XP laptops, Having the same trouble other sites seem fine so i doubt it's my connection and some threads open straight away. Maybe you could look into it Jay

also replying to threads is taking an age to reload yet on other sites straight away
I had the same. Log out of YD - and let the session cookies get deleted - then close all browsers, then log into YD and try again.. Seems to have fixed it for me..

Both Firefox and IE7 affected. XP as OS.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts

I've had the same issue the last 2 or 3 days. Seems to be a random problem too. Sometimes a thread will open, other times it wont, sometimes it'll open after a couple of minutes of 'opening', other times page not found...

I'm using firefox and XP if that is any info?

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I had the same. Log out of YD - and let the session cookies get deleted - then close all browsers, then try again.. Seems to have fixed it for me..
Cheers Wilbo. Have just given it a try. Will see if it improves things for me.

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Just trying it myself see how it works out. Cheers it was just so bloody random one thread instant another taking ages and another not loading at all.

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Just trying it myself see how it works out. Cheers it was just so bloody random one thread instant another taking ages and another not loading at all.
hey I have been having similar problems and its not just on YD
I use firefox on XP

the other problem place is a "being developed club web site - google group" I've isolated the problem to firefox

not that I know anything!!!!!

·
Presenter - info on scuba diving dot com
536 Posts
I am also getting threads refusing to open - this is irrespecitve of OS and browser - running Vista right now and IE, but the same problem has been on XP Pro and FF........

·
Oz Ninja
453 Posts
Problems

It's taken me just over two hours trying to get access to YD main site from Australia but all other web sites are working normally.

Regards...:shade:

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This appears to be a sporadic problem - we had it a few weeks ago as well. The problem then seemed to relate to threads not opening in Firefox and the solution appeared to be to open the same thread in Internet Explorer. I'm not sure why this happens - it might be an issue with the page cache on the server . I'll run a few tests and see if anything becomes clearer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.