YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Last night in the pool, I gave inverting my cylinders a try.
(And I mean IN the pool - I took the backplate & wing off the cylinders underwater and turned them round
)
Nice & easy to reach the valves & do shutdowns, but try as I might, I couldn't reach the manifold to isolate, even with the wing deflated.
Do people just not bother with an isolator on inverts, or is there a knack?

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

point the isolator round the other way so its pointing to your arse.

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

shall I take some pics of how I did it?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

I wondered about that.. but since I can't reach the manifold either, I can't see how I could reach the isolator..

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

can you change the position of the cylinders so that they are higher on your bakc?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Good point... they WERE rather low down.. I'll give it a try with the bands in the right place.
Cheers

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

in short, yes.  a slob knob is basically an extension from the isolator.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Andy

With your twins now inverted can you complete a full isolation and shutdown routine?

If so, I'm just wondering how you can get your arms around that HUGE arse of yours  :biggrin:

Seriously tho.. can you? cos that was my only concern with inverting.... 'Reaching the central isolation knob'

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

yeah, dead easy.

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

And there lies the beauty of the system.I think Andy will back me up on this that once you're familiar with the system it's very easy to use,almost diverproof.It has to work well in dire conditions,where you can't see etc.and don't have time to start thinking about how you reach things and which way to turn them.While they may not be for everyone I tend to find that a lot of people who dismiss them eg"fine but I'm not a Navy diver"etc. and some of whom are very experienced have never actually used the system,especially to any degree.They point out there are obvious deficiencies esp for wreck diving etc(which in fact is where it's probably safest)but fail to list them and instead fall back on the "it's obvious think about it"routine.Well it's not to me,various navies and commercial operators,their insurers etc,etc. so maybe someone can tell us.Good on ya Dom for at least trying it rather that automatically dismissing it because you read it somewhere.Regards,Hobby.P.S.In fact that's what I like most about the people on here,a willingness to see how and if things work for themselves rather than be preached at.

(Edited by Hobby at 1:38 pm on June 17, 2002)

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I think in a recent conversation with Dave it was summed up the best...  'its as easy as scratching your arse.'

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Oh my god I've just had a mental picture of Andy, tongue hanging from one side of the mouth, face all twisted and having a good poke around his brownstar....

I'll be having nightmares for a week........... :scared:

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

yeah but the debris under your nails doesnt half taste good after a week or so!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

Thanks for not lowering the tone there Andy

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

it can go much lower!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from andy2tanx on 9:58 pm on June 17, 2002
it can go much lower!!
<span =''>

Low as a snakes arse? :burnout:

:eek:fftopic: How comes Frog gets her own emticon? :froggy:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

What kind of snake?
A watersnake can swim some way up, for instance...

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

'Cos I do, that's why!  His Effervesence Mr. Heads Up doesn't object to me having a frog emotiocon!  :tong:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts