YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi,

I have just got off the phone with Yasin at Diving World, due to the fact that there are only 10 of us he has proposed that we switch off the Blue Pearl on to the Royal Emperor. I am not particually happy, but, I can see where he is coming from. To be honest if we look at the booking conditions they reserve the right to do this. Apparently it was re-fitted in January

Please take a look at the link below and let me know what you think.

Those that have not replied to this in the next few days will be e-mailed but I would rather do it this way.

Andrew

Royal Emperor

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Andy

I haven't got a problem with this, I like the look of the nice comfy seating anyway  

as long as we are still going I don't care.  

PS does me cabin still have a fridge  

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Below is the bit in there Conditions, I am still miffed, I can't talk to the bloke until 12, and talk I shall. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Andrew

Compensation payments do not apply to a change of liveaboards due to minimum numbers not being reached on open dates or group bookings or to any change caused by any events beyond Diving World’s control which Diving World could not reasonably foresee and avoid such as health risks, reason of war or threat of war, riots, government action, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, technical or maintenance problems to transport (including liveaboards), bad weather, closure or congestion of airports, ports, or dive sites, cancellations of scheduled airline flights and similar events beyond our control.
Tour, excursion or diving itineraries may change as a result of local conditions or unforeseen events. These and efforts by local operators and hotels to maintain their standards of service through refurbishment and re-development may cause some of the amenities Diving World has described to differ from those advertised. Diving World shall advise you of any such alterations promptly on its discovery of these changes. Liveaboard itineraries are dependent on weather conditions, licences and the preferences of the majority on board. However the decisions of the Diving World representative and/or master on board shall be paramount for safety reasons and no liability will arise to Diving World as a result. No refund or compensation is payable by Diving World for any unused accommodation, diving, flights or parts of the Diving Holiday where these are unused at your discretion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for the info Andy, looking forward to it
See you all in a couple of weeks....if a certain person is  getting the Fridge, I hope she has the beer to go with it.....

TOG Diver

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

I have the tickets here, what do people want me to do. Post them out or meet at the airport.

Also, I had a long conversation with DW, not surprisingly I nothing has changed.

Andrew

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Someone mentioned Royal Emporer on Divernet the other day so I contacted him.  

"Hi Fiona. I don't know about the blue pearl but the royal emperor is fantastic. You have  Ali Baba as one of your guides and abdu. They  are both fantastic. Ali Baba is deaf  but is famous amongst the diving community especially in the Red Sea.

The crew are out of this world. They can't do enough for you. If you treat them with respect and not as slaves they will be good fun and have a laugh with you. We all put about $70 dollars as a tip we thought so much of them. The going rate appears to be about $40. It only sleeps 14 if the boat is full. We had 10 on our trip.

Ask Ali Baba about Louise Murray if you want to hear him swear a lot!!!  He can speak and lip read in 5 languages.Remember me to Mustafa, he looks after the salon and ask him why we called him bad man Mustafa. Tell the young lad ahmed to stop smoking and that I told him to.

Towels in the cabins are o.k but not great and you will need your own if you are going to sun bathe. There  is plenty of food at all meals. There is only beer and soft drinks on the boat. If you want spirits or wine take your own.

For some reason you pay for diet soft drinks and not regular!! They prefer Euros, dollars or sterling than their own currency when settling any extras.

There are also the obligatory t-shirts and sweat shirts to buy."

Not long to go now, can't wait.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yes thanks Andrew, got ours passed Jenny's on.

Their admin does leave a lot to be desired  

Fiona

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ April 16 2004,11:58)]Their admin does leave a lot to be desired  
Speaking of which... they phoned me at work yesterday thinking my number was Andy's  

THey need everyone on our trip to contact them with their passport numbers and passport expiry dates
here's the number (0)20 7407 0019

Andy, I've sent you another PM, if you don't get this one then I've got that mysterious disappearing PM problem that's been mentioned a few times by other YD-ers

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I am sure I have already given them these, I did it when I paid.

FB

Ps.  Is it only Jenny and me that will be diving singles cylinders

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Not as far as I know, the twins are (TTBOMK) just for one specific dive as if you're twinning up all the time you'll never be out of the water long enough to off-gas!  Of course we could have detailed discussions for the next five days about our diving plans just to really p*** everyone off  

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Sorry Steve, 5 days,  you won't find me here after 12 noon on Wednesday  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Lucky you, it's not like that here. My boss was telling me yesterday that he'd arranged for me to do some electron microscopy on monday 3rd May "But that's the bank holiday" I said, he said "Yes but it's a teaching day at this University so we'll all be in at work " fortunately the EM technician has other ideas about Bank Holidays...

You know, I've really had it with these ultra-focused career people who never take holidays or have hobbies or interests, it's just not natural, they should all f*** off and get a life!  

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK Guys this might sound a bit trivial in the skeam of things but not if you are a diet drinks fan.

After receiving an email from a guy on Divernet about the boat, which I posted earlier, I phoned DWorld and queried the diet drink issue.  Apparently they don't have diet drinks on as standard and have to be ordered and then paid for.  Soft drinks are included in the price but diet aren't.  I have spoken to Yassim and he has ordered me some diet coke.  

So if anyone else is like me and doesn't drink fat coke then I would suggest you give them a ring.

Just to reiterate what Steve said please ensure you phone with your passport numbers and expiry dates, I thought I had already done it but it seems I haven't.

Also he said make sure you are at the airport in time at least 2.5 hours.

Fiona

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Three days to go,

Then l'll be on a livaboard with Fiona and one of her girly mates.
l hope they both have good self control after seeing me in speedos, l mean l don't want to loose any diving because of being too tired.  

Just packed diving gear = 30kg = allowed luggage, bummer won't be able to take a chance of clothes.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ April 19 2004,00:34)]Then l'll be on a livaboard with Fiona and one of her girly mates.
l hope they both have good self control after seeing me in speedos, l mean l don't want to loose any diving because of being too tired.  

Just packed diving gear = 30kg = allowed luggage, bummer won't be able to take a chance of clothes.
<font color='#0000FF'>Howard

Don't get excited Jenny my girly mate is a lady of mature years.  Actually old enough to be my mother but don't tell her she wouldn't appreciate it.  

1 - 20 of 25 Posts