YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Egypt I have an Etisalat USB modem for internet connection with a limited download of 1GB per month. I have just noticed that when I open the Mafia Wars game on Facebook that my upload and especially download counter start rolling and don't stop. It doesn't happen when the Facebook page is open. I have clocked up 37mb this morning download. I can't find anything else on my computer that is updating. I have set everything else to ask me before downloading any updates. The only thing I have in Scheduled Tasks is WGAsetup. What is this? Can I delete that?

Thanks in advance xx

·
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont play mob wars, get out and meet people!
But I just want to finish Bangkok first. And I fancy the pants off one of my mafia!

·
Registered
793 Posts
its because mafia wars is constantly updating itself. The stamina and engery timers being to 2 things that come to mind first. hp going down things like that

·
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its because mafia wars is constantly updating itself. The stamina and engery timers being to 2 things that come to mind first. hp going down things like that
Yes but it doesn't take 80MB which is what I have used today just trying to find out what is wrong. I guess there are programs like Java that are used to view Mafia Wars and I have turned off all the automatic updates I can find. I can't see what is running or what is updating to see where all this download is going. Everytime I do something I reload Mafia Wars to check but the download counter on my USB modem just keeps clocking up with MB's. Maybe tomorrow I will just open Mafia Wars and keep it open and hopefully it will eventually stop downloading. Then I can search files for tomorrow's date to see what have been used and find out where the problem is.

Or I could get a life :wink:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Or I could get a life :wink:
That's what I did, ditched it just before Bangkok went live. Deleted loads of "friends" and blocked Mafia Wars updates etc.

I do recall MW took ages to load sometimes and seemed to be downloading lots of crap so perhaps that's the issue?

Arfie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts